BACHIDO: FULL UPDATE!

Ladies and gentlemen!

For the first time ever, the Bachido website is getting a full makeover. In the hands of Luke Abbott, the Bachido webmeister and my brother, the Bachido website will be getting a brand new forum interface to better support the strong community of Bachido, as well as an updated new site layout and reorganization so newcomers can easily find information about shamisen. We’re also making improvements to the mobile-friendliness and searchability of the website, among other things.

Most of the content, including all forum posts and user accounts, will be transferred over to the new site as-is.

However, some data will be deleted:

1. There is a high likelihood we will be unable to keep private messages sent between users, so please save any messages you need. If you have archived your private message notification emails in the past, this can serve as a record of your conversations with other Bachido members. (There will be a new private-messaging system but it appears that we can’t import the old conversations, unfortunately. EDIT: Nevermind, Luke figured it out!)
  2. The little-used “Local” section of Bachido.com is being re-imagined. Existing events and local posts won’t be transferred over.
  3. Your account password will be reset. (This just means you’ll need to use the “forgot my password” link. No biggie.)

The transition will occur within the next couple of weeks. During the transition time, which is expected to last a couple of hours, the website will be put into read-only mode. You won’t be able to log in, which also means you won’t be able to watch any purchased courses… sorry. We’ll post advance notice of when the transition will happen so you won’t be caught off-guard.
I hope you’re excited as I am about this update! Please let me know if you have any questions!

Bachi on!
Kyle

Sounds awesome Kyle! Can’t wait to see and use the new site!

Greetings
Ale

Hard to imagine a better site than this one! Should be great. Presumably our tutorials will carry over, yes?

Indeed, the tutorials will carry over as well. :slight_smile:

A new Bachido website makeover sounds awesome! It would also be great if the website background was a huge Bachido mon! Can’t wait for it!!

Whoaa this is exciting! Can’t wait to see the new version :smiley:

will have to archive my convos then, no biggie, won’t take long. Can’t wait to see what Luke comes up with.

UPDATE: The migration will be happening in less than 24 hours, on 23:00 UTC. Click here to show this time to your timezone - it’s Wednesday in half of the world and Thursday in the other half.

And I figured out how to transfer private messages too!

Konbawa, Bachido!

I can log in on the community, but not on Schoolhouse. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature or if I need a separate login.

Email is wodeford@yahoo.com if that helps.

Thanks!

Helloooo Lisa!
Ah yes, a separate login is needed. The community used to be part of the same site, but now is running on a separate thing called 'Discourse". Two accounts for one Bachido. Double the fun! (??) :stuck_out_tongue:
Sorry about the confusion. Let me know if you need help with it. Thanks!

Hope you are well!
Kyle

Good morning, Kyle!

New password has been created and I will pick out a new lesson to work on when I get home from work tonight. I definitely want to take a spin through the min’yo section too.

In other news, I still have “Emergence” stuck in my head, so there’s that. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.

Lisa

“One dreamed of becoming somebody. Another remained awake and became.” - Anonymous fortune cookie author http://www.wodefordhall.com