Tsugaru Shamisen Workshop by Hiroshi Yamaguchi in Vancouver on April 9!

Tsugaru Shamisen master from Tokyo, Hiroshi Yamaguchi will be offering an introductory Tsugaru Shamisen workshop at this year’s Sakura Days Japan Fair at VanDusen Gardens! Don’t miss this rare opportunity to get some instruction from one of Japan’s great shamisen masters. Seats are limited to 5, so please come early to get a spot. There will be shamisen available to borrow if you don’t have your own.

Workshop time and place:

Sunday, April 9 from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM
at the Japan Experience Tent

Sakura Days Japan Fair ( #SDJF ) is a family-friendly, two-day Japanese festival showcasing Japanese cultural and performing arts, cuisine and business while celebrating spring and the ephemeral beauty of the cherry blossom.

www.japanfairvancouver.com

FB page: https://www.facebook.com/events/720152904819444/

I hope Hiroshi can speak English, since I heard some lessons from Nitta Masahiro and FujiiReijin who only speak Japanese! Nos sure if there were subsitles!

Alcvin, we definitely should make a pair to organise events like that. I am trying to figure out what could attract shamisen players to come to Montreal for Workshops or concerts. Once they are in Canada, why not get in Montreal? Mostly if they come to Toronto or Ottawa…

No, Hiroshi-san doesn’t speak English which is why I will be translating for him during his workshop!

Hi Jaz, yea, that’s a good idea…

I think if an artist(s) have a show(s) in T.O. they definitely should go to Montreal as there are is a great interest in Japanese music there.

Hi all! Maybe artists can be attracted also for turism

The Japan Foundation is the main organization that has had the financial ability to bring Japanese artists to Canada. Should think about proposing something and applying with them.

The Japanese Community is so small in Montreal that it is really difficult to count on them to provide any financial help. We need to use our imagination in order to be able to do so.