Shamisen from Goodwill

HAHAHA, Just now! I hadn’t been to Bachido.com for a while - (Don’t know why, it’s always so much fun!) but I wanted to take Aki’s minyo lessons! SOOO COOL! When are we going to hang out?? :wink:

xoxo

Hey, if you’re around tomorrow night - Mike Penny is playing at Sozenji Buddhist Temple :slight_smile: I plan on going. Maybe we will finally meet! :smiley:

@ kyle_aaron: I’ve bought exactly same maker shamisen… However it takes a moment until it arrives.
Do you have already an video available for how it sounds? Would be great!!! :slight_smile:

Hi all…I have a few of the used plastic plectrums with the green stamped Fujimoto. You all confirmed the Fujimoto school where the long term teacher passed away in 2019. I think there is a video link somewhere of her and her group from the Buddhist Church practise group in Marin or San Franciso? That might yield more pictures of their shamisens…anyway this revived thread had me wanting to research this for fun too.

For now, here’s some information:

It is a resin shamisen for practice, made about 30 years ago under the supervision of the Fujimoto school.
The outside is printed with the tochi of Fujimoto Hideo I chairman’s favorite white red wood shamisen.
登喜子マニア@長唄は慈恭主義 ,A reply to my tweet about this manufacturer’s shamisen,2021/04/04