A Quick Thank You to Bachido

Hey everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted since I’ve been pretty busy, but something big just happened part of which I owe to all you guys so I really want to say thank you.
Today I graduated from high school, and until my first year in HS I was never really involved with anything, but just before starting I took an interest in Japanese music and not long after came here and began learning shamisen.

Thanks to Bachido’s help in developing my musicianship, I’ve been a very active participant in the school’s music scene, performed at a number of events through that club, and shared shamisen with hundreds of other students, their parents, and my teachers including one who I found out went to Waseda University and plays the koto. Through this I’ve become a more outgoing person, and made some amazing friends I’ll have for life.

So, for setting me on the way to enjoy my time in high school, thanks everyone! Looking forward to having more time to practice and be involved here before college, which if all goes well I’ll be in the heart of Tokyo and be able to further my pursuit of wagakki.

Thank you guys - これからよろしくお願いします!

That is such a beautiful letter, Ian!
I’m so happy to hear that Bachido has been an influence on your musicianship and life, and I’m grateful to you for having been an active and curious fellow in the Bachido Community, as well as sharing shamisen with those around you! I hope you are able to go to Tokyo and meet even more people actively involved in these instruments! :slight_smile:

Congratulations on graduating high school!!

Thanks so much Kyle!! I really appreciate the kind words. You’ve been a huge help all this time, and I look forward to continuing to contribute and participate in Bachido as well!
Thank you so much again!

Good for you! a line occuring more than once in my favorite english book suitably for sure popped into my head when I read your post :slight_smile:

Congratulations and gambatte . . .

(as for that very good book I happened to buy it about 18 years ago at the santa cruz steamer lane and all though small lighthouse surfing museum no less an inspirational offering called Stoked! by Bill Morris)

http://www.surfbooks.com/stokedmorris.jpg

Thanks! Haha, I’ll have to check that out. Ganbarimasu!

Good luck Ian on you journey with the shamisen! cheers! :slight_smile:

Thank you!