Aloha Bachido members of Hawaii!

I will be in Oahu from November 1st to the 5th, quite literally ‘taking vacation’ to celebrate my mother’s 60th birthday. (Since she’s a lady, I won’t tell you how old she is!) It’s actually my first time going to the islands, so it should be interesting.

Anywho, I thought it’d be fun to meet any Bachido members there! Even though I won’t have my shamisen with me, if you’d like to meet up and have a drink or chat, let me know! It’ll be blogworthy! :slight_smile:

yep I didnt even figure your mother´s age, in hers 60th birthday XD

happy birthday to your mother kyle! I hope you enjoy your trip! :slight_smile:

Kyle, there are actually alot of older people in Hawaii that play shamisen. My teacher there teaches at the Moili’ili community center. Not sure if any of them are bachido members, as most of them arent even familiar with computers, much less the internet :slight_smile: (they are all pretty old, somewhere between 70-90 something years old). Sadly, I wont be there until December, and Mrs. Nakamura gives lessons on wednesdays (I believe you are leaving just shortly before that). Not sure what you can do with that information. I go to her house for lessons when I am back in hawaii- she’s my parent’s neighbor. If you want any recommendations, I can give some, assuming that you’ll be on Oahu.