Anyone know where to buy a new set of itomaki for a nagauta shamisen?

I made post a while back where I discussed some of the issues I had. Basically, I got my first shamisen, a nagauta, but it’s an old instrument and the seller didn’t specify that the itomaki were extremely worn down. I originally tried stuffing the holes with something to improve the grip, but that went nowhere. I also tried to dip the itomaki in resin to see if that worked, but that did nothing to help. I went to a guitar shop to see if they knew anything that could help me like maybe using violin rosin, and they basically said that if adhesives and resin didn’t work then rosin won’t either and that I might as well get new ones. So now I’m trying to find a website that sells new itomaki (I live in the US). Anyone know a website like that?

Thanks!

Awww that sucks. So sorry to hear. And you did try everything!
Other than making your own, I guess you can buy from Japan? I see used nagauta itomaki for cheap. But don’t they need fittings/adjustments with your tenjin? Not sure if any random one will just work.

I tried using hot glue to stuff the holes. It just peeled off. I tried using tape on the itomaki to see if it gripped. It also just peeled off. I initially went to the guitar shop to see if I could fit it with backwards facing tuners and just stick the itomaki on top for decoration, and then realized that I would need to have them custom made which would cost a lot. I did find some sellers on eBay selling tsugaru itomaki, so maybe I can just buy those and sand them down to fit the holes on mine. I think I would prefer the larger ones for better grip actually. If all else fails, then to woodworking I go!

You could try for a used cheap (but good) set on Buyee (they are proxy for the Yahoo.jp auctions); I bought my nagauta shamisen there.
But as @TinyBlueFrog says maybe they need to be adjusted to your tenjin