Are Premium Acrylic Bachi coming back?

So I got the Shamibuddy V2 when it came out as my first shamisen, and realized that the plastic bachi really was as bad as people described. I’m on a bit of a budget, so I was hoping that I could get a Premium Acrylic Bachi, but I noticed that it was removed from the store a while back. Is there any chance of them coming back? And if not, is there any recommendations for cheap but still good quality bachi? I thought about getting the Premium Wooden Bachi but I’m afraid I might break it, so does anybody here have experience with this specific one? All help is appreciated.

I think these start at 150 dollars but there’s a lot of goodclips and references and options and the cost is far less than the online gamble of trying to find something…

3 Likes

Thank you for this, I will definitely be purchasing one of these. I want to have it custom made, but I can’t seem to find the order button. Do I have to contact Ainoco directly?

1 Like

I agree I could not find an order button so the email route seems best. If I ever find an online shop than I will post…looking forward to hearing what you order!!

Hes a great guy and will help you to find the right Bachi…

Ha! He lives in my home town!

I am currently in the process of ordering a bachi, an am currently waiting for him to give me the full receipt. I also decided to purchase a acrylic koma from him as well. I’ll post them once he has pictures ready!

1 Like

I ordered the koma a few days ago, and I finally got some pictures of it, although I don’t have any pictures of the bachi. He gave me 2 options as the block of acrylic he used ended in 2 very different patterns. I went with the striped one in this first image because I felt it was more unique than the other one. Even he liked it, so much so that even he wanted to keep it for himself!

2 Likes

4 Likes