Asano Sho's Tsunami shamisen

Here’s a recent news story on Asano Sho playing for tsunami survivors in Tohoku. At about 0:50 they focus on his shamisen, pointing out that it was made from a post salvaged from a house that was hit by the tsunami.

感動しますね。

Thank you for sharing, Gerry.

It’s awesome that he made it from a salvaged house post and is now touring around to help lift people’s spirits with his talents.

What an emotional video! I get a lot of emotions, seeing the
joist, and the thing more emotional for me, the women singing and dancing when they lisen to this shamisen´s music. Best thing ever in this wednesday

About to take Nitta san to the airport, but a little Bachido forum viewin’ couldn’t hurt…

Ah! I wonder if his shamisen was part of the Zero-One project thing
http://www.shamisen-katoh.com/zeroone.htm

Thank you for the link, Gerry!

cool and thanks for sharing! I found another moving clip a long while ago about a geisha who thought her shamisen was lost but it was found and restored to be played again . . .

Dude, the dou of those Zero-One Shamisen are wicked beautiful!

yeah that is so cool and the wood looks beautiful indeed, its been two years already hasnt it?

Really good that they are reusing the materials. You’re right Sid, where the hell did all the time go? Feels like yesterday…

Yes… There Is a lot of rubble there… And the governamental doesnt know What to do. Lets make shamisens!