Bachi Case Version 2.0

Hey everyone hows it going. Guess its been quite awhile since I’ve posted on the forum but today I had a bit of a breakthrough with kind of a long running personal project of mine.

Ive wanted to design and build a usable, compact, and very sturdy Bachi case and in one of my previous topics I showed off my first attempts. Until recently the refined version of that case has been my personal every day case. But since I dramatically upgraded my equipment and really stepped up my play time I noticed that it needed some improvements. But I couldn’t think of how to accommodate everything I may need and improve the safety it provided to a new higher quality and more fragile Bachi without sacrificing a compact size.

So today I was looking at the case and decided to rip it apart and start over from scratch. Didn’t have a real clear picture of what I was working towards but turns out that it was just what I needed. As I was rebuilding I was able to streamline the process and refine techniques with the padding and especially the lining.

The end result is much smoother with no winkles or imperfections with the lining, room for all of the necessities, and most importantly sturdy and impact resistant. Nothing in the case so much as rattles when shaken and when opening the case after removing it from my pack case which I was carrying around for most of the day everything was just how I left it.

So just wanted to share this little breakthrough with everyone. Let me know what you guys think about the pics. Any feed back is appreciated. And thanks again everyone I still read everyone’s posts even if I don’t always have time to respond.

P.S. going through my other pics I just realized I never posted pics of my new shamisen I’ll post them tomorrow.

When and how can I get myself one of these amazing cases?

Yeah looks mighty fine …

Whoo! So much the sexy. That looks very sturdy, I’m sure it will be perfectly safe.

Is it small enough to fit in the middle pocket of the pack case? (Mine won’t fit in)

Mighty fine! :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone.

Kyle yes it will fit but just barely. The way the pack case is set up the side of the case gets in the way of the pockets opening and that what makes it a little inconvenient. I could see storing it in there for long travel but I just store it outside the pocket in the area between the two neck supports with my saofuki on top. The Sao keeps the case in place an keeps it from moving and the Saofuki prevents any wear.