Bachido Blogcast E22

We have a very special episode today, as it is contributed by Bachido member Sid! A few month’s ago, he hosted a concert called Music of Asia 2, where Jack Matsumoto came from Japan to play at. Sid showed them the glorious Ireland countryside, good old pubs and much more.

Many thanks, Sid! Great fun was had! Can’t wait to have a Bachido festival there!

This was a beautiful blogcast , thank you Sid and Kyle for all the wonderful images and music , Irland seems to be such a beautiful place , yet very windy :smiley: !

Ha Kyle , there is too much teasing in this video , the song you played from you next album brought tears to my eyes , seriously suck a mix between Mongol and Japanese music sounds fantastic !
We really need to see much more about the CNC Shamisen Kyle :smiley: did you find a way for skining it or will you do it the old fashionned way?

Wow! fantastic footage! I recognize all 'dem Unknown Rooftops tunes! Listen to them often. It’s one of my favorite CD demo things I have ever received . I was honored to receive a copy from Jack directly as I ran into him the last time I was at the tai Kai’s. I believe it was Hirosaki. Well damn! Thank you so much for that footage! It is great to see Mr. Matsumoto out there in the world! Looking forward to more! Woooo! thanks Sid and Kyle!

So much awesomeness!

1. Throat singing on the CD sounds awesome! Can’t wait!

2. What is that first song with shakuhachi and electric guitar? I love that combination of music. I MUST have it! Is it Jack’s band?

3. I hope the beans will taste good Kyle. When you mentioned that aroma, I kinda felt they were going for the complete pitch there haha.

4. Ireland, I will go there. Irish music is epic.

And thanks for the Khoomei tips Kyle. Yet another explanation on how to get into the position :smiley: Let’s hope yours is the moneymaker! I’ve just felt that my throat isn’t relaxed so hopefully this can make it better. Will try at home later, as my colleagues do not appreciate the mongolian spirit. (bastards)

PS. Sid, did you on purpose make a Japanese guy say “I love Cork!”? :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, I’ll be quiet now.

hey, nice blogcast indeed, i love the throat singing, cant wait for the actual album,

yes it was very windy that day, especially when we got to the top , it was so cool thou, great craic…

the music is from Jack’s newest CD. band is called Unknown Rooftops… he plays in many other different formations thou, quite a busy guy he is…

i have just finished packing for my travels, am setting off in few hours. going to slovakian mountains, and its hot springs…i will not have much access to internet for three weeks, so enjoy the second part of the video next week!! and i will hopefully make some new interesting footage for bachido during my holidays…
see you in couple of weeks!!

PS: Karl, but everybody who comes to Cork says that!! especially out in the West Cork while camping at any of its peninsulas…

whoa yes the cnc thing would deserve a blogcast of its own and I guess that will come . . . uh cool footage of Cork obviously and I agree great tunes in that video too . . .

And this is the kind of music Bachido should be providing :slight_smile: I would LOVE buying many shamisen CDs in a bundle for a reduced price.

Good blogcast! Love the footage of Ireland, yet another place I’ve never been. Maybe, in acouple of years, Bachido will give me a good excuse to go.

The more teasers I hear from the new Monsters CD the more I realize it’s going to reek…of-awesomeness!!!

Nice video. I wish I could visit a bachido meeting sometime.

Any more details on that new shamisen prototype?

By the way, I just wanted to say hi from Ukraine and the Black Sea (I’m on vacation here). According to the community map I’m the first bachido member here too. You could say I feel proud of it

Haha, right on K H , do we get to see pics of Ukraine and Black Sea?
We need to make bachido flags so when one of us reaches new territory we can show that a bachido member has been there !

Kyle, which song did you add the throat singing to? Was that the tears of princess or something one that Masahiro whipped up last minute? Sounds trippy and cool

Karl , yup a lot of that background music during the Ireland shots is from Jack’s cd with Unknown Rooftops! Jack is one of my favorite modern Players! He really Rocks !

K H, time to recruit some new shamisen players I’d say!

Black Sea Shamisen sounds pretty cool

So where can I get hold of the CD? I tried searching the best I could with translated japanese but I couldn’t find anything. Would be really cool to have it and to hear what else they have made.

Karl,
Jack Matsumoto handed me a copy of his Unknown Rooftops CD last time I saw him. It’s a three song demo with a small sheet of printed paper inserted with some info. So basically it looks like a promo disc and that is why I can imagine you won’t find anything online about it’s release. However keep your eyes and ears open for anything Jack does in the future . I imagine these tracks will someday find their way onto an official Cd Album .

So basically it looks like a promo disc and that is why I can imagine you won’t find anything online about it’s release.

Crap.

I’d say if they got a better (not so garage band-ish) guitar, they’d sell a lot of those songs. The shakuhachi and shamisen sound really high quality.

Too bad Sid has left for his internet-less vacation in Slovakia, because otherwise I’d try to convince him to talk Jack into share some music :slight_smile:

I just saw this, and wow. That clip from the new cd sounds totally awesome. Are there any resources available on throat singing? I might want to give it a go…

Few things…

Papa’s actually not a big fan of the dessert beans. Personally, I think it’s delicious in a capp or espresso. However, for a clean cup of coffee, the fruitier beans are more pleasant, I think.

Ffffuuuuu… how could he leave that magic on a promo disc? I’d so buy a whole album of that, even if it was a single or something. It’s satiating on the ears.

Thanks guys! Another album teaser next episode! (If I remember) :slight_smile:
Masahiro’s talking about mastering, so I gotta get moving on completing the overdubs.

I used the Khoomei Crash Course to get started. Crash Course Khoomei from brian grover

Really cute! I love it. And doesn’t Jack look different from a few years ago Kevin? I’m so confused.
I didn’t run into him this year, so I don’t know. Wish we could hook up with that guy next year at Hirosaki and jam some more, he’s a fun time!
And Sid, you know you better get the rest of the crew out there to Ireland! It looks beautiful and I’ve got to admit I’m a little jealous! :stuck_out_tongue:

This episode is full of awesomeness :DD i love the music it’s like old times in naruto :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Ortjo! How was Beijing? :slight_smile:

Hey ortjo! Whoa you went to beijing, that must of been awesome