Bachido Blogcast E23

After topping off a lackluster cappuccino, preperations start for playing with a great jazz group at the local Bistro!

Also, part 2 of Sid’s ‘Tsugaru in Ireland’ episode!

Excellent Blogcast! Excellent! Ireland adventures with Sid! And a little bit of the old Jazz Kyle in the end ! I wanted to shout out to Rick Walker but had to keep reminding myself that it was just an image on a screen! That was also fun to see you guys on the mall busking, I think that was one of my old spots? I literally developed all my chops sitting out there on the mall playing Shamisen. When I left Santa Cruz someone said to me "oh great! now Santa Cruz will never hear Shamisen on the street any more. " But then… Kyle A. Comes to the rescue with a whole group ! Part of me wants to say “Haha! IN YOUR FACE, SANTA CRUZ! Now you’ll never get rid of the twang of pacific ave.!”

Great, just great!!! It feels like visiting California and Ireland.

Really great episode. The fact that you welcomed us to the weekend when it’s really Monday was compensated for by all the other awesomeness :smiley:

I need that Unknown Rooftops CD.

The Shamisen really worked as a soft jazz instrument. It really helps that it’s fretless as well. Funny thing, when they keyboard player picked up his long thingie I was thinking damn that’s a long and butt ugly whiskey bottle, but it turned out to be one of those flute/keyboards.

Looking forward to more on the California taikai!

Amazing blogcast, a lot of shamisen music, shamisen in Ireland was amazing, very good playing! and jazz and shamisen, I agree with Karl, it sounds really good.

COOL coffee clip . . . content, editing, score . . .

jack and the unknown rooftops are great I didn’t know about them before the latest blogcasts so thanks a lot for featuring them

super jazz ending too . . .

Good episode, nice improvising Kyle

i always look forward to the blogcast as a break from studying. Great as usual and amazing dancer there too.

Thanks all! It was tons of fun playing with Rick et all. The song finished as soon as I really got jiggy with it. :wink: Will rock it with them again soon, I hope.

Again, thanks to Sid for his lovely contribution.

Pat was also saying something about making a little blogcast, and we’re all waiting for Norm’s masterpiece, so it’s really awesome being able to present these special contributions. :slight_smile:

Oh, btw, that’s my dad playing the shakuhachi in the beginning. (a Hon Kyoku piece called HiFuMi)

Ah, I wondered if it was your dad since you mentioned that he has a good tone (I think).

awesome tone yes

Wait…Was one guy playing the guitar with a bow? What’s up with that?
Jack on a train is killer! Love that guys playing ! I think that might’ve been part 1 though…

Yeah, that’s him. :slight_smile: He’s actually gonna have an appearance on the new MoS CD! His first time playing shakuhachi for a music CD (other than the instructional CD to go along with his book), so it’s gonna be awesome.

hallo from Slovakia, its great being home. spending much time in mountains, but also visiting many interesting events and festivals. have been to a medival fest. held in a old ruin of a castle full of knights and princesses… today am going to another castle for a gypsy fest… have camera with me so might do some short video about it, however, no shamisen playing at these festivals so dunno if related…
glad you all enjoyed the videos…thanks kyle for everything…
Karl, when i get back i will contact Jack, and he might send you one of the CD’s or perhaps you can purchase them somewhere online…will ask him… its just a demo with three songs tho,unfortunatelly…
kevin yeah its guitar played with a bow, there is a athmosferic section in one song where we all try to play as weird as possible haha…sounds trippy…
so am off for another week and a half…
bachi on everyone!!

That would be awesome Sid!

Your adventures sound like real fun!