Bachido Blogcast E25

While I try to install a Piezo pickup in my shamisen, Kevin wakes up from his chordless nightmare to teach us how to make pleasing harmonies with our shamisen.

Kyle,
Thanks for the great editing work on this. Even includes bloopers! Haha! Hilarious!

P.s. the pick up and mic contrast was very interesting. I’ve mostly used Mugen 21 so don’t have much experience working with contact pick ups/mics. I was intrigued that the tone of the pick up sounded Kinda authentic in an old fashioned kind of way, in terms of tone. Hard to describe but Definately interesting stuff.

Best Blogcast yet! Kevins acting is priceless :smiley:

lol! was great the bloopers!

chords in shamisen?? wooow, it seems like double strings and triple strings in violin, because the strings of shamisen seems to be too near one to another! It seems dificult!

The piezoelectric its good but it sounds near with it and without it. Can you use some kind of sound efects with that? I didn´t know how it works so I don´t know if this can work, but this will be awesome using reberb or wawa or some efects on shamisen :slight_smile:

Episode 25 aka

。。。the many O-faces of Mr K.Kmetz。。。

I was the only one who scares a lot when Kyle takes this knife and cut the skin? I was freaking out!!! XD

No Paco…I almost fainted from terror. Even knowing its Kyle and that it’s not a problem for him. Still somehow my Shamisen gut was feeling like “Nooooooo!!!” I don’t know which was a worse nightmare for me now, chordless dream OR knife to the kawa? Yikes! Ahhhhhh!

jajajaja, I think knifing the kawa its our wrost nightmare!!! Kyle please don´t ever do it again pleaseeeee!! jejeje

I agree with Paco! Worst nightmare. Only Kyle can get away with it!
Hahahahaha !

Yeah really nice episode! I think atleast a part of this video should/could be added to “Learning Center”

And yeah lol great acting Kevin :smiley: made me laugh so bad when you were all like:" this is so stupid."

And yeah my guts hurt so bad also when Kyle poked the kawa >:S

Haha, thanks everyone! Yeah let’s hope Kyle is kinder to our guts in future blogcasts! 笑! I really appreciate the editing work though, Kyle! Nicely put together ! Yeah as Ortjo was saying, feel free to add the chord parts to learning center . I really need to get out there and make more of these with you! I mean as far as all this goes this was just the tip of the iceberg, ya know what I’m sayin?

Haha great stuff guys!

So what is the reason for YET another skin change? Except for inserting a mic, which you could have done through the hole of the dou really.

Next video should be about 2 shamisens where you play chords on one and melody on the other, or both on both instruments. My opinion is that the chords lack something when played on their own. Having another shamisen would fill in that empty space.

oh right Karl is right there is a hole in the dou :slight_smile: so I guess Kyle was really going for nightmare quality on purpose . . . great clip about chords the tab inserts are perfect and I agree it would be cool to have chords also covered in the learning center . . .

Thanks again everyone!
Karl,
You’re right! I need to get another Shamisen player over to demonstrate that! I am so depressed and upset that my line 6 looper does not work anymore. I need to get a new one of those looping stations. Then I could do chords and melodies all by myself.

Some of you might remember this clip…

(I think it’s a pretty good example but sad for me cause I miss my looper so much !Damn modern equipment for breaking down. )

Amazing… you left me without words… :open_mouth:

This blogcast was definitely a true work of art!
I’m actually surprised about how decent the pickup sounded. I don’t see an issue with making it a hybrid in case you want it that way later Kyle.

Little known fact: Kmetz is quite the actor, director, producer, and writer.
I love the look of terror, haha. So good!
And I can’t tell you guys how many times I’ve heard “This is so stupid…” in my life. It’s pretty much a regular occurrence when you’re spending time with Kmetz.

I miss the Beniya. :frowning:

This blogcast was great , you’ve done a very very good job guys ! For the pickup , unfortunately you get what you pay for, but even if you get a verygood contact pickup it will always sound weird, i see this in acoustic guitars , people want to have electro acoustic guitars because it’s easier to use on stage and to record with it, but it sounds horrible. I had the hardest time to explain to a friend few years ago that we needed to put a microphone in front of his guitar if he wanted a good sound on his record, finaly i recorded him on three tracks, the direct output of his guitar preamp, front mic , shoulder mic, the inside microphone got killed by the awesomeness of the front and shoulder mic.

But you can still use contact microphone because as i said it is easier in many ways , with it you can move on stage , you can play without worring about feedback too much , you can use distortion and effects , you can record without too much audience and band bleeding in the mic , but you’ll never get the natural sound of good condenser mic !