Bachido Blogcast E39

This is a continuation from last week’s episode where kawahari master Taichi san came to Santa Cruz for a visit. Though he had returned home, I continued our quest to reach a skin’s breaking point on my kawahari set.

After rewiring the kisen (to keep them from slipping), kawahari is attempted again!

Dude, I literally jumped when that one kisen popped off! Speaking of which, maybe you should wear safety glasses the next time you try to break a skin, lest you become yet another blind shamisen player.

You know, actually I used to wear safety glasses when I did kawahari on the taller table (which put the kisen closer to eye level). Then, Taichi san encouraged me to sit the way I do here, so now the kisen are below my head enough to feel safe. :wink:

You might wanna protect your throat too while at it :slight_smile: You could be killed!

You are an amazing person. Looking forward to the day when I will be able to purchase a shamisen made by you, right here in the U.S of A. Your future is looking very bright at it. As always, I love your guys’ humor and all the knowledge you so selflessly share. Thanks Kyle.

Dude, I literally jumped when that one kisen popped off! Speaking of which, maybe you should wear safety glasses the next time you try to break a skin, lest you become yet another blind shamisen player.

The exact same thing,here… It was like 22:30 PM and I was using headphones…

Yea, Kyle, Go get an armor :stuck_out_tongue:

Also,these Kawahari trials were amazing! Nice job Kyle!

Haha I wanna see fireworks again for the final blogcast of 2012 . . . although I agree also those kawahari trials were spectacular :slight_smile:

This was great Kyle! Giving us a chance to see the master at work ! Wooo! Thanks for this latest Blogcast !

Karl: Ah, I should be fine, as the inside of my throat has become leathery and calloused from all the throat singing. (or deep throating, as my Scottish bastard friend calls it)

Jonathan: Thanks man! I appreciate it! Heheh, I afraid I haven’t had time to make new shamisen now, but they’ll certainly be available at the estate sale in case these new ATH M50 headphones stops my heart with it’s lifelike audio awesomeness!

On a sidenote, I just got a pair of ATH M50 headphones after using them at the mixing studio. When I returned home to my $20 cans, the difference was so clear. I realized that the investment was worth it, considering the amount of music I listen to. Man, they are so good. Probably the best studio-like sound you could get out of headphones. Definitely a bit of an investment, but cheaper than a bachi and well worth it for music lovers - http://tinyurl.com/cpx8rm5

BH: Luke and I have a real special episode planned for new years. It’s a video we’ve saved for at least five years and waited for the perfect time to release.
That’s called a teaser, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha Scots . . . and as for that teaser it is a teaser indeed :slight_smile: