Bachido Blogcast E40

After getting some experience of trying to reach a skin’s limitations, I finally was able to get the skin sounding very sharp and satisfying to my ears. Today, we pull out the super fancy microphone to try hear how the skin sounds.

Also shown are some current Abbott shenanigans. After about 3~5 years of procrastinating, Carl and Kyle ascend the avocado tree to take about half of it down, as it was starting to compete with the telephone pole.

I must say, as one who’s never been afraid of heights, I started to feel my mortality when clinging to the topmost branch while cutting off small chunks with the other. (even when strapped in by a chain)

Wow your shamisen sounds even more incredible than usual!

I must say, as one who’s never been afraid of heights, I started to feel my mortality when clinging to the topmost branch while cutting off small chunks with the other. (even when strapped in by a chain)

Just don’t look down! You have to be ignorant if how high up you really are lol

I haven’t been doing kawahari so I don’t know if my ears can hear the difference in detail, but I would say your shamisen sounds like mine has done for the past year. I’m sure my sound has degraded a bit but I don’t know by how much.

Today, we pull out the super fancy microphone

So what’s that mic model name?

Looks and sounds as professional as any high end shamisen I have heard. You’re skill is improving! Now give 'er a good whack and let’s hear that SNAP!

BTW, as someone who starts shaking uncontrollably when I stand on a stepstool, kudos to you for hacking down the avocado tree. Now I want guacamole.

Kyle!! Is that calf skin, or real dog skin? I am perplexed 0-:

It’s doggy style Shinji.

Thanks Karl! I was once told that dog skin was prohibited in the US,then it got all scrambled :stuck_out_tongue:

KH (And Karl, as well :wink: ) : The model # for that mic is AT4033.

Cody: That’s the odd thing, as I normally like to look down, as I feel like a seagull waiting for a head to take a crap on. :wink:

Jonathan: Thanks bro! :slight_smile: Ah yeah, cutting the tree felt like such a shame, as there was at least 100 young avocados on the branches we cut. Too small to eat, but would’ve been in 4+ months

Shinji:
Well, one thing is for certain, it had parents.

Truth be told, it is skin given as a gift to use solely for personal practice. From one kawahari craftsman to another

Karl: Noice! :slight_smile: Yeah, I was really stoked when I tapped on other shamisen and, for the first time, mine was higher pitched. Apperantely, the max sound quality of a skin lasts for about a year. (Hiroshi Nitta changes his skins about once a year) Afterwards, it still sounds great, but is more up to the player to bring out the awesomeness. :slight_smile:

God damn bro! It sounds GREAT!
Great work! This is a lot of years in the making!
I’ve gotta say, it’s almost bringin’ a tear to my eye.

Ain’t it! Definitely years in the making.

If you wish to cry now, it would not be inappropriate to do so, my friend.

So twangy! Well done man!

Kyle will for sure be the one when I need kawahari :stuck_out_tongue: