Bachido Blogcast E49

Recently, Bachido member Sid took a trip to Japan to chillax and visit his friend Jack Matsumoto (who will be joining us in Team Bachido!). Not wanting to exclude the rest of us, he had the kindness to film some of his adventures there, including a great Raga/Shamisen fusion!

Great stuff, Sid! Thank you for your contribution! :slight_smile:

Interesting. I think Iā€™d like to see more of this ā€˜Japanā€™ you speak of. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like you had a great time Sid!

Well this clip must be seen by everyone in the community so keep commenting so that it remains visible! Really cool stuff. I just wish I could have been there and joining their jam!

Have you noticed that every bachido blogcast is ā€œSpecial episodeā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Ortjo, every day at Bachido is a special day! :stuck_out_tongue:

Historical note, when starting the blogcast, it wasnā€™t my intention to call every one a ā€œspecialā€ day, but somehow we managed to get on special content for almost every episode, so it was fate! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Bachido!!
i havent been active here much recently, but i do pop in every now and then for a quick update. i can sense growing excitement about the coming Taikai. i just watched Kevinā€™s new video.its great i really like it, makes me want to practice that piece as wellā€¦
i hope you are enjoying the video I made for you. I really had a great time, met loads of local musicians and made new friends. the concert was great. i might edit some more of the footage from my trip. Japan is great and fun place, I am looking forward to going there again soon.
what do you thing of the ShamiRaga?? hehe what a jam it was!!
sid

Awesome video Sid, looks like you had a blast. Daku jem from a fellow Slovak brother. ( or whatever thank you is, itā€™s been a while since I had any practice.)

ah cool,
nice to meet a fellow country man!! but you were born and live in US, rite? have you been to Slovakia?

Dakujem, is thank youā€¦spot on!!

Yea I was born here. My grandparents are from Kosice. Iā€™ve never been there yet, but I hope to go and visit some distant family before I die.

Shami/Raga fusion is fantastic! Itā€™s a great moment in the history of Shamisen in the 21st century. When they make a great documentary film about the foreigners who play, I will insist they use a moment from that clip. I canā€™t believe I didnā€™t comment sooner. Sorry Sid! But really fantastic. Both you and Jack are ā€œIn the groove!ā€

wow kool sound!