Bachido Blogcast E56

Yesterday, I had the good fortune to be invited to play at the San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival with Shirley Muramoto, Brian Wong and Karl Young. It was a smashing good time.

Check out some of the highlights of the day, including a look at the first Bachido Kimono! (Designed by Shirley herself)

Wait, did I say Bachido Kimono???

Holy Salmon filet sandwich ! Bachido kimono?..speechless!
Except for these words, “I NEED ONE!”

P.s. excellent Jongara btw!

You look so cool in Bachido Kimono, Kyle.! And delicate Jongara bushi sounds nice.
I like non Japanese school children playing the Koto in Kimono. They are so pretty!

Bachido Kimono; rock! Bummed I wasn’t able to make it to the performance. Traffic was terrible…

Kevin: I know right!? :smiley: Wheels are in motion!

Thanks Kyoko! Did you know, Shirley also made the kimono for the little girls playing kimono. :slight_smile: That is one talented woman.

Adrian: Yikes! Shirley’s family got stuck in mucho traffic as well. I think we just missed the rush. Got to Post St. exactly at 10AM and managed to find a parking space. Shirley’s fam got into the city 20 minutes later but was stuck in heavy traffic.

No matter, you will be part of like the biggest performance of your life in 9 days! :smiley:

Oooooooh :open_mouth:

May I ask why the hakama are black/grey and not white?

okay I see the mozart ballen made it to you and thanks to you to san francisco and you gave them to someone . . . :slight_smile:

awesome . . . and not to mention the far out kimono(s) and cool performances too . . .

Kyle: Exactly! That’s why I’m totally cool on it. I mean, of course it would have been awesome to see that Bachido kimono in person, but I have a feeling I will get to do that eventually as well.

~throws all my kimono out~ there’s only one i want to wear now!