Bachido Blogcast E63 (Three Parts!)

It’s a special day at Bachido HQ! Phenomonal Minyo singer and shamisen player Aki Takahashi comes all the way from Toronto for a visit! (among leading Taiko workshops and other performing shenanigans)

In part 1, we start with an interview on how she got interested in shamisen, what she would like to see in a new shamisen, how to sing and play at the same time and more!

In Part 2 & 3, we bust out the instruments and play!

You can check out more about Takahashi san here! - http://www.tentencanada.com/#about_overview.html

really interesting, thank you

VERY COOL!!! I am quite bummed that I am at work right now because I really can’t play these with the volume turned up. But I can see this is going to be the best Bachido Blogcast Ever! Aki San! It’s so Great to meet you finally on a Blogcast! Thanks for sharing your Shamisen music with us! Kyle, thanks for putting this together! Now I will look forward to getting home and playing this with the sound turned up! ありがとうね!

Awesome! Ringo Bushi was performed great by you two!

Sugoi desu! Mo ichido onegaishimasu!

That performance of Ringo Bushi was fantastic. Aki-san has a lovely voice, not to mention that shamisen, :wink:

Thanks for this Kyle.

Very cool and interesting I agree thanks for this appearance and blogcast! Relaxing atmoshpere too was that a treehouse? I should plant some more plants on my patio . . .

Now I’m SUPER bummed I missed out on this meeting.

Thanks dudes! It was certainly a real treat and I sure wasn’t expecting such powerful vocals! :slight_smile:

BH: That was actually just our back porch, but it’s on the second story. With the wysteria behind, it can have a tree house-like feeling. :wink:

Adrian: Well, to think of it this way, folks like Eric, Karl, BH and others are bummed that they missed out on the Team Bachido tour, and since you got to attend that, missing out on this is just life’s natural balancing of disappointments! :slight_smile:

Awesome interview Aki!

Awesome performance, thank you both!

Was that Niagari tuning? I was searching on the internet for this song, but all I could find was Ko-KI-riko bushi (was it just a spelling error?), and your version of it was such that I couldn’t really be sure if I had the right song.

I’d love to learn it. Online lesson, perhaps? hint hint :wink:

I have to just add…Kyle and Aki! Kokiriko bushi with Mandolin, Shami and Aki’s singing!.. OH MY GOD!!! sounds incredible ! My favorite Kokiriko bushi of all human history! Kyle, your playing is superb and Aki, your vocals and Shamisen jam at the end are extremely awesome! That was a keeper guys! For sure!!!

Lorraine: Thanks! :slight_smile: That was Niagari tuning! Ooh, an online lesson would be a good idea! It might be a ways in the future, as I don’t have the notation nor am 100% certain with the melody, but it can happen. :slight_smile:

Kevin: Wild stuff dayo! And could you believe that it was even better in person! Perhaps she can join us for a studio version later on! :slight_smile: In fact, I will ask her now!

Definately studio worthy In addition to obviously being, as the Abbotts so fondly say “Blogworthy !”