Bachido Blogcast E65 (Kyary Pamyu Pamyu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og55C4vOB10&feature=youtu.be

For those who have seen Kevin Kmetz’s recent videos or posts, you know that his recent healthy obsession with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has fueled him to cover her entire albums, and was the main theme in the 2014 Bachido Tour. So when Adrian discovered that KPP would be giving a free concert in San Francisco, we felt it was our Bachido duty to Kevin to witness this firsthand!

OVER NINE THOUSAND CALORIES were burnt during crazy dancing!

Did my ears deceive me or was there crazy lots of autotune on that gal? Oh wait, stupid question :stuck_out_tongue:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Man, her backup dancers were my favorite part of the whole show. Of course, seeing KPP in the flesh was really fun too, but those dancers, wow! Maybe it’s their enthusiasm that’s so addicting? Who knows why, but I got a sudden urge to buy her albums because of her backup dancers!

A really great example of her live show is the 2012 concert DVD filmed at the Budokan. She brings with her a whole stage set which is like some kind of animatronic Circus complete with pyrotechnics, Trap doors from which she explodes onto the stage during the opening number, a flight harness which she uses to literally “Fly” across the stage and over the heads of the audience and all kinds of surreal Kawaii creatures like the dancing faceless big mama from PONPONPON, enormous Robotic Teddy Bears, Classic Horror movie Monsters turned Cute, all kinds of Alice-in-Wonderland influenced purple Worm people and even her psychotic break dancing doppelgänger who wears a mask of her face. Really creepy ! Needless to say her back up dancers literally go nuts during the entire concert! In the special features there is a behind-the-scenes documentary that shows them literally collapsing from exhaustion at the end of the concert!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/KPydwZRgPH4

Anyway I really must thank you with all the thanking power I have in me for this latest Blogcast ! I was literally speechless earlier today when I tried to write my first comment/response to this!

. . . yeah looks like a tough job those dancers got and great blogcast I will see whether the full concert clip is going to be a good going to sleep background music clip ah I already see I should stay up and watch this a bit too . . . awesome . . . :slight_smile:

okay the unplugged acoustic shamisen KPP album featuring KMK could be more relaxing I guess but this is good :slight_smile:

Wow, you weren’t kidding when you said this girl was wacky, lol. Love the spectacle of the show - and she’s very cute.

But I like the music better when Kevin plays it.

39 minutes in: Love love LOVE the creepy doppleganger dancer, and the dance sequence here!

: D

seriously did she ever do any acoustic / unplugged / you know what I mean song or alternate version of one of her songs? she could and should do that sometime and shamisen would not be far fetched as for the instrumental arrangement in this case and would be awesome . . .

. . . guess I watched about half the concert yesterday before falling asleep and it was easier to keep watching this than I would have thought I reconized some of the songs too . . . :slight_smile:

So many things to say…

Kevin: I both love and hate you for solidly introducing KPP into my life. She is amazingly addictive and for sure perks me up when I need some solid “get ish done” music. She makes me wanna dance my eyeballs out and be ridiculous. Whoever her image-director is also makes me insane (in a good way). However, she’s can be too addicting; worming her way into my brain and distracting me from tasks at hand. That being said; she will forever be our Queen.

To resonate what Kyle said: her back-up dancer are INSANE! Learning that they are (almost completely) chuugakusei is BALLS WTF?! I wanna be a KPP kidzu~! They tore it up like WHAT.

Despite being sleep deprived (which is becoming a common “Bachido gathering” thing), the concert in SF BLEW MY MIND!!! I hardcore wished you were there, Kevin! It would have been rad to rock out with you.

We figured if you -had- been in attendance, there is no way you wouldn’t have had an ereki-shamisen with a pocket-amp busting out the tunes along with her.

Final note: I’ma definitely put dat firewood in yo…

Oh man! Adrian! Thanks so much! Yeah I totally wished I could have been there! It’s Amazing to me how long I’ve remained a fan of Kyary. At first I seriously thought "OK she’s got one or two cool tunes! Then I was like well make that three or four and then finally I was like “Screw it!, I love ALL her songs!” I still recall being completely embarrassed the first time I actually went to buy one of her albums. Now I don’t care at all! Heck, I’m proud of her! Making a tremendous effort to promote the connection between Japanese pop culture and the rest of the world ! That’s tops in my book! Go KYARY!

. . . That’s tops in my book! Go KYARY!

I agree that’s a good point and . . .

OMG SHE’S COMING BACK?!?!?!?!?!

(I happened to notice this on SF TOKYO page . . . didn’t check out the ticket links of which 2 different ones are mentioned nor did I check out any further details about this tour so far :slight_smile:

1. Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has announced KPP WORLD TOUR 2014 starting February 2014! Her first stop will be North America, and she will be coming back to SAN FRANCISCO on February 15!

Ticket Presale on September 12th - Check her official website!

Presale password: “CANDY”

1. Ticket page for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu at The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco on February 15!

Presale starts:
THU, Sep 12, 2013 — 10:00AM PDT

http://www.axs.com/events/244244/

Oh you lucky people living in San Fransisco! ! !

Ale just posted something on Bachido Facebook about Ki&Ki recently performing some of KPP’s songs. I wonder if their witnessing of your KPP orchestration inspired them!

Wow! I’d sure like to hear it!