Bachido Blogcast E71

A few days ago, I was invited to give a little speech at a growing event called PechaKucha. A speaking event started in Tokyo as a way for people to talk about their interests in a time-limited (6:40 second) presentation.

The subject matter could be about anything, preferably anything the speaker is passionate about. So we know what the subject of my speech was going to be! (Roller skate repair?)

Unfortunately, I didn’t know that all the presentations were specifically Santa Cruz based until I got there. My whole speech about the forming of Bachido is rather internationally based, but I hoped being born and raised in Santa Cruz would be enough. :wink:

Aaaaaand here it is!

Great work Kyle! Can’t understand how you manage to play comfortable standing but thumbs up for that.

I think you made a good advertisement for Shamisen as an instrument. Hopefully someone there will want to learn!

what a nice presentation . . .

Karl: To be honest, I assumed there was going to be a chair on stage. :wink: My bad, though I’ve gotta say, I kinda enjoy playing while standing without a strap. Perhaps it’s some extra challenge. :slight_smile: (Gotta prepare for our new shmetal band, after all!)

I hope so too! A few people came up. Didn’t get any follow through, but there’s nothing wrong with that. Just having a venue to shamelessly promote Bachido was worth it. :slight_smile:

Thanks, BH! :slight_smile:

Solid! I’m a bit late with bachido nowadays but catching on :DD Nice job playing Akita Nikata standing without a strap + in front of a crowd. Though you’ve used to that already right? :smiley:

Heheh, thanks Ortjo! Yeah, I’m getting pretty comfortable playing that way. Almost prefer it to a strap! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hah! Next is walking around :smiley: You’re going to be performing like Agatsuma.