Bachido Blogcast E78

While in Hawaii, we visited Takeo Kudo, who was friends with my father Carl Abbott in Japan. They studied shakuhachi together with Yamaguchi Goro, and Takeo also documented his shakuhachi making endeavors (which resulted in the shakuhachi making tome, Blowing Zen - http://www.amazon.com/Blowing-Zen-Expanded-Shakuhachi-Meditation/dp/1475200587/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384104879&sr=1-2&keywords=blowing+zen )

After taking us out boogie boarding in Waikiki, we went back to Takeo’s place, where he showed us Yamaguchi Goro’s personal shakuhachi (which he sold to Takeo at the time). How does it sound in the hands of a complete beginner (myself)? Watch to find out!

Interested in shamisen? Check out Bachido.com!

Cool!

really interesting

Cool!

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

He was quite happy to see Shamisen of Japan. He used to work in the music dept. of the Honolulu University, and has asked if he could submit it to them. Exciting stuff! (I’ll probably have to remove that condom joke buried in one of the pages!)

How nice to see this!!( ^_^)/~~~

He was quite happy to see Shamisen of Japan. He used to work in the music dept. of the Honolulu University

Actually Kyle, Takeo was captain of the music ship there (Dean of that department), so he had others do the ‘work’ :wink: