Bachido member plays live on national tv

Hey guys

Been a while since I have posted but I had something I wanted to share with the community

Thanks to all of the great friends and contacts I have made even through this community, I was given a chance to play live on national tv!

Unbelievably nervous, I came on stage of a program called 笑っていいとも and played whatever came out~
Missed a few notes, and thought I might throw up, but came out on the other end safely!

I’m working on getting it on DVD so I’ll upload it when I can!!

UPDATE: found this on YouTube
http://youtu.be/UxTqMposN3Q

Nice!
Would love to hear/see it.
How did you get that TV-gig?

Cheers
Ale

All right, Norm!! I am looking forward to hearing your play since I missed your play to hear. I gazed at te screen, though.

I was recommended (along with 2 other bachido members) for it
But I just happened to be the one available

I should be getting the video on DVD today
So I’ll upload it as soon as I can~

Great and cool!!!

awesome! congrats Norm!

Very cool! Exciting times!

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Cool stuff!

I’m just waiting for the footage! DON’T KEEP US WAITING!

Pics or it didn’t happen, you know :slight_smile:

There!

I updated it with a direct link, so now the pic shows on the page~

and Tonight after work, I’ll jump into ripping it off the DVD!

And for the record, there was a little heartbreak -

In the pre-live interview, I talked for quite a while about Bachido and was positive that the main interviewer would ask about it, but in the live shooting, he didnt even bring it up once (>_

It’s still really cool Norm! I’m very happy for you and excited to see you making your path in the wide world of Shamisen! Proud of ya, brother!! Keep it up!

Ditto(^ ^)

Hey everyone!

Having some trouble ripping the DVD
But I found this on YouTube
(Also updated the original post)
http://youtu.be/UxTqMposN3Q

Cheers!

Great Norm! It looked fun :slight_smile:

Did it feel weird with the whole Japanese show thing?

That is great, Norm!!! Just in the middle of the most popular TV variety show, your play is so fine. Your Japanese talk is also as good as Japanese.
My aunt who is a fan of Tamori, says, it is very difficult to be chosen on the show. And only a few people are chosen in the morning of the day.
Anyway, it’s a famous and popular show and many Japanese were watching it.

Thanks so much~

Karl, it was a little weird, but I knew a few backstage people personally, so it was at least a little comfortable.
I used to do Japanese TV for a living, but playing Shamisen on TV was a very new experience.

Kyoko~
Your Aunt is right.
They actually had several people come to the studio at about 8:30 in the morning.
There were about 9 different people with different skills, and they sent 7 people home haha
So there was no guarantee that I was going to be able to be on TV, thats why I couldnt post about it beforehand.

I think you handled the pressure well man! well done!