Barbie Girl(AQUA) Shamisen cover

Hello,everyone.
I posted my new shamisen playing video on Youtube.
This song is groovy, energetic, and so fun to play on shamisen.
I’m so glad if you enjoy it.

4 Likes

待ってました!笑

Amazing as always! Never thought I’d hear this on shamisen but it works so well :smiley:

Wow this brings back memories, I feel old now. Awesome cover!!

Thank you!
I found that the tune is a little similar to minyo songs or Japanese traditional music (or maybe just my imagination). And it worked well on shamisen as a result.
This song makes me feel old too haha…

Hey that’s a really Great Shamisen cover. I also love covering pop songs on Shamisen. We should jam someday!

Thanks!
I’ve listened your amazing shamisen covers so many times on YouTube, and they are always inspiring to me. I hope to jam with you someday.

Excellent cover! It never ceases to surprise me what awesome pop songs can be played on the shamisen- this works so well, just as many of Kevin’s songs have done so. Well done!

Thank you!
I think shamisen is such a potential instrument, and that’s why I love it.

I love this cover. You did! it’s really great!

raw

This was immediately added to my personal playlist for shamisen music. I also felt old when listening to this. Although I was just a kid when it originally came out… :slight_smile:

On a different note, I’ve started a list of songs I think would work well for shamisen covers. You know, for when I eventually get the chops necessary to be able to do covers. Probably won’t be anytime soon, but I got plans!

I’m looking forward to your shamisen covers!