Calling players in Berlin (and nearby :) )

Hello all!

My life has been quite hectic with Opera, but this time, I will do something pretty crazy.

I am going to Berlin to sing an Italian Opera of a Japanese story. And the Theater Director told me to play Shamisen during the Opera! Some Aiya Bushi will resonate with orchestra, haha.

So, I will be from next week until middle of May in Berlin. If anyone would like to play, exchange knowledge and techniques in Shamisen, Shakuhachi or Minyo in general, I would be very happy to meet you!

I am in Facebook as Gustavo Eda. Feel free to answer here, or PM me here or there.

Thanks!

Gustavo

Yo Gustavo!!
That’s so awesome that you’re gonna play shamisen during the Opera!!! Oh man, I hope someone records it!! Please keep us posted on that!! :smiley:

Let me direct Martina Kopp to your thread! She is doing wonderful work establishing a shamisen community in Berlin!

Good to hear from you, man!
Kyle

Hi Gustavo,

that’s great news. I myself are going to be in Japan the next 3 weeks but please feel free to contact info@shamisen-berlin.de to meet the other members of our Shamisen group. Su, a fellow member, is going to check the mails. I’m sure, she is going to be excited to meet you, too. If you could name us the opera house (there are several in Berlin :wink: ) and the name of the Opera we would like to share with everyone we know who is interested in Japanese culture and of course with the other Shamisenistas.

Also Ichikawa Hibiki Sensei is going to visit Berlin in March (21-23).

If you look to meet Shakuhachi players as well I’ve heard from Patrick Urban and Peter Pütz that are playing Shakuhachi in Berlin. Maybe you can look for their contact data in the web.

Looking forward to meet you when I return to Berlin in March.
Tina

Gustavo! It’s been too long my friend! Great to find a post from you here! Hope to stay in touch more in the future! Let’s connect again by e mail. Lots has happened in my life since the last time we hung out. Write me by PM or regular e mail or anything man! Miss you brother!

@Kyle Yo bro!! Thank you as always for the great support!! I think there will be a DVD of some sorts. In any case, dat bootleg recording will happen, lol. Awesome to hear from you too!!

@Martina Danke Liebe Martina, ich melde mich gleich bei eurem Email! The opera is called Iris, by P. Mascagni, and the venue will be the Neuköllner Oper. Have a great stay in Japan, and we’ll meet in March! :smiley:

@Kevin My man!!! I miss you so much!! Great to hear from you too! Will write you by email right now!! Cheers from Weimar!!