finished!

Took alot of time I was up til midnight last night and up at 430am stringing it. I did manage to scratch the dou with a couple s clips; but its purely cosmetic and I can.probably buff it out.

Im not a shamisen expert but it sounds good too me. The wife should like it…thanks for all the help. Kyle your book is awesome. Was gonna give it to her as a present too…but santa seems to have labeled it to both of us. :stuck_out_tongue: ill post a video/pictures later…I need coffee now!

Just in the nick of time. That’s what we call a Christmas miracle! :slight_smile:

Im not a shamisen expert but it sounds good too me.

That’s exactly what it’s all about. Music/instruments are so personal, whether you’re an expert or not, if you like the tone, then it’s perfect for you! :slight_smile: Glad you achieved a satisfactory tone.

Thanks for keeping us updated, Robert!

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when in the workshop, a skin was stretching, we fear would it pop? The dou was scratched but his clamps were in a row, because shamisen skinnin’ Robert, is a badass mofo!

Bachi on!
Kyle

I can’t wait to see photos/video. Was your wife pleased? Did she give you a big … Hug?

I really am interested to know where you got the heads … You mentioned a folk music center in Claremont - (is it Clarion Music? I buy taiko stuff from there sometimes, but didn’t realise you could get banjo heads there, which is what I used.)

Anyhow, interested to know the name of this place.

Hope your New Year is very happy, everyone!

Xoxo Lorraine

Fyi the wife was pleased.

The claremont folk music center is located in downtown claremont california…the one near pomona ca not the san diego clairmont lol. Cool place if you are even in the area. Plus Rhino records is right across the street. I was gonna make mochiko but got a tip from the luthier there…elmers glue all white glue. Its cheap, water soluble and so far is holding real well.

I did fail in bachi construction. I ended up half assing one out of lexan just as a place holder…just ram out of time and rushing got me additional kindling. :slight_smile:

The claremont folk music center is located in downtown claremont california…the one near pomona ca

I’ll look it up, thank you! I could even drive to that one! :smiley: For my glue, I got ground hide glue, but I didn’t even THINK of Elmer’s! and you can buy that stuff by the gallon everywhere! smackhead

Your wife is a very lucky lady, and you are such a thoughtful husband to go through all of that for her Christmas present! :smiley:

Make sure we get to see some photos and maybe even some video. Happy New Year to you!