First attempt at DIY bachi

Hi !

I previously saw the post of Chung Wan Choi about a bekko bachi DIY, and I’ve decided to make mine.
For french people, I’ve found a site where sheets of cellulose acetate are sold :

http://www.mercorne.fr/FR/materiaux-coutellerie/Materiaux-composites/acetate-cellulose-110517.aspx

This bachi is not perfect but I can play with it and it’s much better than the old one (one cheap of Ebay, kind of rotten wood…)
Chung Wan Choi thank you for your blog/post ;p

PS : I have small hands…that’s why my bachi seems that small :wink:

How much?

Seriously thanks already that you have mentioned that site … sounds tempting … although then again without skills or tools I should avoid giving craftsmanship another try :wink:

I didn’t paid for the wooden part (already have it) but the sheet is about 14€ with the shipping for me :slight_smile:
Be careful the sheets are not that large !!

Well, I have no skills but I see what you mean (I stole dremel and sand papers to my daddy) xD
For now, I think that it doesn’t need to be perfect for a good experience ;p

Could you possibly whenever sometime create such a (tsugaru sized) bachi blade for me?

See I still have no bachi at all and never wanted to go for those very stiff one piece cheapest plastic ones whereas I guess I like the material you are using here and working on a wooden handle only could possibly be feasible and even fun for me . . .

So also please feel free to message me to talk details anytime in case this could be possible at all - thanks

Yes I could but I want to say again that I have no super skills :\

I see plastic bachi on Ebay but I thought “I could be a cheap one or a fake one”…

I will send to you the different kind of pieces that exists :slight_smile:

Hey thanks also for your message I will reply to your message soon

Good job. It’s harder than it looks. :slight_smile:

My belt sander is dead for now, so much more difficult to do but I’ll do my best :wink:
I will try different woods and colors to do personalized bachi.

Yay! I am glad that my post was helpful!

Thank you again :wink: I did’nt dare to make one until I see your post !

Hey, seems to be a nice way to get a newer bachi (mine is broken… :S)
And the french link will be so usefull !
I think I’ll buy one sheet and I’ll see with my FabLab if I can do something more automated (with laser cut, 3D printing,…).
Thanks for sharing this !