For your energy construction

Here is another Japanese culture, Rakugo落語
Short fun story

Early one morning, a mother went to wake up her son.
“Wake up, son. It is time to go to school.”
“But why, Mom? I don’t want to go.”
“Give me two reasons why you don’t want to go.”
"I don’t have any friends there, and the teachers hate me!.
“Oh, that’s no reason not to go to school. Come on now and get ready.”
“Give me two reasons why I should go to school!”
“Well, for one, you’re 52 years old. And another, you’re the principal.”

The title is Reasons, and rakugo is by Kaishi whose speciality is English rakugo.

I love rakugo. I watched Shouten 笑点 every Sunday evening while I was in Japan. Thanks for the story, Kyoko.

Hehe

I thought of principal skinner from the simpsons when I read the punchline so guess this is an even culture transcending story

Thanks for the laughter, all. Uke te Kure te arigato.受けてくれてありがとう。
I did not realize the similarity to the Simpsons, BH, and laughter is always universal.And thanks for your Haha, Karl!
And Aaron, you must be so intelligent to watch Shouten! That is a fantastic TV program. For us Japanese house wives, it is our dinner cooking time and hard to watch it. Poor us intelligent Japanese women!

HAha!!

That is good! :slight_smile: As a joke, the humor carries over to English perfectly.

Many years ago, a Japanese family stayed at our house and we preformed our bluegrass set, including jokes (which I used to tell at the time). Even after translation from one of the Japanese family members, they were all so confused. :wink: (maybe he didn’t translate the comedic timing :wink: )