Have a listen to a work in progress!

Hey guys!

So many awesome things going down lately for shamisen it’s quite exciting. And congrats to Kevin again on the baby!

Anyway I thought I would start uploading some of my original songs little by little to get feed back and motivation so here’s one that started working on a couple weeks ago when thinking about Okinawa and all my feelings around it.
Anyway let me know what you think!

Really nice Nathan! The name of the song suits the feeling of the music.

Thanks Karl, I need to do a disco tribute to that soup curry place we went to in Hokkaido as well haha

This is good, sounds like a good bunch of effort went into thinking it out!

The point at 1:06 sounds a bit funny/abrupt - it’s like the piece ends and starts again.

Overall, it gives me a bit of a East meets West feeling, sounds a lot like a traditional Western piece.

Keep them coming!

I listened to it at home now again with better headphones. It sounds like you have put the secondary shamisen at full left channel. To further build on the ocean theme, you could try and let the secondary shamisen flow between left and right channel at a suitable tempo similar to that of the waves hitting the shore but still according to a factor of the BPM. Which program did you use?

Loved it~
So relaxing

Great work on this man!!

Yatagarusu: Yeah a lot of it just came to me out of a feeling but now that I’m trying to refine the song its becoming more difficult and I find it hard to express what I want haha. Yeah and the ending starting at 1:06 I thought I would end the song how it started like I was leaving my memory back where it started but maybe I can try some other ways and see how those go.

Karl: Hah! I didn’t even realize I had done that until you said it. I think maybe I should just go with the second shamisen on mono as I’m not very good with editing yet. I use Cubase AI which came free with my digital auido interface. I figured Id learn the ropes on this one before I invest in anything better.

Norm: Thanks so much I’m glad you enjoyed it and appreciate the comment

Finally got to listen to this! Really nice work man!