Hello everyone, I'm new. Suggestions on what to buy?

I want to purchase a Shamisen, I’m looking at the beginners one but not sure what else everyone suggests I buy before I decide to buy it.
Could anyone give me any suggestions?

2 Likes

If this is your first shamisen, the beginners shamisen is the perfect choice! As low priced as it may seem, it is nothing short of quality. I personally own a ShamiBuddy, but those seem to be out of stock for now! The ShamiBuddy is also a perfect choice for a first shamisen. I’ve heard rumors that it may be starting back up in production!

If you’re experienced with a shamisen, I’d recommend the Raven. With the Sakura being out of stock, the Raven is almost exactly the same. You can check out the store links to read more!

The Akatsuki is a very expensive, high range shamisen. I do not know what your budget is, but I would probably wait to invest in a more expensive model. Unless ya really want it, then I can’t stop you!

Due to the pandemic, Bachido is experiencing lower choice options. The Beginners Shamisen, the Raven, and the Akatsuki are the only ones available besides chuko (secondhand shamisen.) There’s a tab for chuko in the store too!

I’d choose the Beginners shamisen. Both for budget, and to see if you really like it! Then I’d move up to a more expensive option. I’m personally getting ready to purchase a Raven myself. Have fun picking out your shamisen. The right choice will come to you, and whatever you choose, it’s sure to be wonderful.

~Matsubusa.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Of course! I hope it helps you on your journey.