Hibiki in Japan?

Anyway to get Hibiki in Japan? I’m looking for a cheaper synthetic option for my traveling instrument.

You-4 appears to carry Hibiki but isn’t there a Japanese (I mean in Japan) branch of the Bachido store? I think I remember seeing it mentioned in a thread but I cannot find it now.

Hi Luke! My partner in Japan skins with Hibiki. :slight_smile: My partner charges 30,000 yen for two sides. (A bit more expensive since I send the Hibiki skins to him from California) Feel free to write me if you’d like to arrange skinning with him.

How about the front side only?

The front side is 21,000 yen, the back side is 15,000 yen.

It looks like this page just refers you to the US bachido.com page.

It says, 「優宝が日本での販売元となります。」Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that mean they’re an authorized dealer for Japan?

Hello Kyle, I almost posted this question again and noticed a “similiar topic”. clicked it and saw it was me who asked last time! awkward…

Anyway, can you set me up with your friend, I want to hibikunaru (can i use hibiku as a adjective? why not) one of my tsugarus!

one a side note, the thing i really dont like about ripple, which i have on my main instrument, is it sounds way to sharp/snappy for my ears. I really want a Chikuzan sound to be honest… is it possible to glue the hibiki a little looser to approximate that sound?

I almost posted this question again and noticed a “similiar topic”. clicked it and saw it was me who asked last time! awkward…

Hehe, we’ve all been there before, haven’t we. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure! I’ll send you a message with my partner’s email address.

It’s certainly possible to stretch it a bit looser, but Hibiki is already much deeper/richer than Ripple, in my opinion. Check out this video to see the difference - Hibiki & Ripple Sound Comparison (Shamisen Synthetic Skin) - YouTube

Cheers. Whats the song you are playing at 4:08? kinda sounds like choujyanoyama? i liked the chords part.

Luke,

Sounds like it’s Kokiriko Bushi with some improvisational flair thrown in. Definitely a nice interpretation on Kyle’s part

Indeed, a souped up Kokiriko Bushi. :slight_smile:

Cool! I’m going to try copy your version today! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sweet! Go for it! :slight_smile: