How much time is appropriate for practicing?/練習時間はどれくらいが適当?

I’m learning the basics with Kineie Yasichi VI’s(Nagauta) instructional book.
How much time should I spend practicing 2 days a week, on Saturday and Sunday, so that I can learn quickly?

杵家弥七Ⅵの教則本で基礎を勉強しているものです。
毎週2日-土日を使って、どれくらいの時間練習すれば身につくのが早いのでしょうか?

There’s no good answer for this, since different people progress at different rates. A “minimum dose” of practice is virtually impossible to predict.

To give you some context, I practice pretty much daily. There are times when I’ll grind drills and phrases for hours, there are other times where I only pick up my bachi for 10 or 20 minutes (enough to play through a few songs). I also have dedicated practice sessions with my teacher three times a month for 90 minutes at a time.

Prior to Covid-19, I met with my tsugaru teacher twice a month for 30 minutes at a time.

If you’re practicing twice a week, I don’t think you should worry too much about learning quickly. Focus instead on incremental progress. A new phrase. A cleaner strike.

If your worry about getting better fast, you’ll burn out.

Just play and play mindfully.

3 Likes

My time is si limited but no matter what I try for at least 10 mins on the no time days - others I break it up two 20 min sessions . And when I’m really blessed with time just pick up and go til my hand hurts . Lol . I find even the 10 mins help - it all contributes to muscle brain memory.