How to purchase from beniya?

Hello! I’m gonna buy a shamisen from this site http://www.beni-ya.jp/page30.html but the format of the website is ultra confusing to me. Also, do they ship overseas or will I have to use a shopping service? Thank you!

We all know you should buy only here http://bachido.com/store/beginner-shamisen and support Bachido!

Actually there’s an email address on the site. You could ask them directly.

I bought my shamisen from this shop but I got it through my teacher. They are willing to ship internationally but I think you need to be able to speak Japanese in order to do so.

Thanks guys! Thankfully one of my fiends first language is japanese so I should have no issue with the email.
I feel kinda bad because it would be really nice to support bachido but I wanted a fully electric shamisen :frowning:

It is an interesting choice. The rigid acrylic plate rather than stretched skin means it is only an electric, I think - no option to twang acoustically, but I am not certain.

Personally, I would buy a traditional instrument and attach a surface pick-up to it to ‘electrify’ it - there are many good surface pick-ups these days at reasonable prices. A surface pick-up also allows one to attach it at different places, grabbing different tones.

If I went electric, I think I would build a radically different instrument with no hollow body - a solid body Les Paul shamisen. That could be a cool experiment.

Do let us all know how it goes if you buy it. They are pretty! Good luck to you and Ganbatte!

Yes! Speaking as one who owns two benya fully electric Shamisen I must say “Epic” choice! The fully electric Shamisen is hands down the coolest thing ever created on earth after billions of years of forming into rock and then this planet and then the formation of oxygen molecules and finally the single celled life forms evolving onward into human beings who created Shamisens and discovered electricity. All of it was for the single purpose that one day we would live on a planet where electric Shamisens exsist! And now we do! And now you, Alice, are about to discover for yourself the most Awesome thing in the universe! Just promise us all one thing…please use the power of the Fully electric Shamisen for the purpose of creating epic awesomeness only and never for evil! Thanks!

good testimonial haha