Japan Matsuri 2012 London

Hi everyone.
Here is a link to the 2012 Matsuri in London, UK.
My teachers teacher is over from Japan, so we will be playing a couple of songs with him on stage before we ‘amateurs’ get thrown off and the pro’s take over :slight_smile:
Shamisen starts around 1pm so I’m told. I think the link should have more information soon.
There is also a good variety of music on show during the day too. Last year finished with an awesome Taiko performance.
Hopefully this year I won’t feel like ‘dead man walking’ to the stage!

http://japanmatsuri.com/2012-japan-matsuri

o WHY does that have to be the weekend aft i’m away wails i couldn’t afford two trips to london ><
Any chance of someone filming you?

Hi Amanda,
There was a vid from last year that someone took from the crowd so I would imagine there could be something as the big teach is going to be performing too!

hey, i d love to come , but am stuck in ireland for now. i guess your teacher is Hibiki Ichikawa, isnt he? hes the only teacher in London I know…well, London is big…so perhaps there are more of them…

anyway, you live in Holland???and you travel to england for lessons???

uau, you definitelly love tsugau shamisen!!!

good on you!

This sounds exciting! Who is playing Shamisen by the way? I could not find any info in that link.

Sid, yep, it is Hibiki. I’ve been in Holland since around april so I’ve just been practicing on my own unless H comes for a visit. I have enough songs at the moment to keep me occupied full time but will head to London or do skype when I need a new tune :slight_smile:
Kevin, it will be some of Hibiki’s students from London plus his teacher is over from Japan. There should be more information on the line up closer to the time, but I think as far as our shamisen is concerned, they will probably only mention H and his teacher.
David Hughes is usually there with a troupe playing Okinawa Sanshin (?) from SOAS. I spent a lot of the time hiding in the green room last time so only caught the last few performances, ha ha.

hmm…was just considering getting some time off and paying a visit to London…hmm perhapsperhapsperhaps

Do it! :slight_smile:

I will be attending the event. It will be the first time I would have heard a shamisen played live! I’m looking forward to it.