Japanese Cultural Fair

This is a very sudden announcement (due to me forgetting), but Grant Shamisensation Reimer, Adrian Crovetto and myself (Kyle Abbott, Bachido blogcast!) will be giving a 30 minute shamisen presentation at the local Japanese Cultural Fair tomorrow (June 8th) at 3pm!

Not only us, but many other performers will be hitting the stage! Including local Koto legend Shirley Muramoto and shakuhachi jazzersist Karl Young! (There was rumor that Riley Lee might also be coming from Australia!)

Here’s the full list of stage acts.

11:00 Chanting/ Zen Center
Members

11:30 Taiko/ Watsonville Taiko Group

12:00 Martial Arts Demon-
stration/ Aikido of Santa Cruz

12:30 Official Greetings/ Mayor of Santa Cruz and the Japanese Vice-Consul General, Tsuyoshi Hikita, from San Francisco

12:50 Koto/ Marimo Kai

1:10 Minyou/ Matsutoyo Kai

1:40 Shakuhachi/ Karl Young

2:00 Bon Odori/ Chieko

2:30 Kyogen/ Theatre of
Yugen

3:00 Shamisen/ Hougaku Kai

3:30 Okinawan Dance/ Ohtori
Kinsen-Kai

4:00 Koto/ Shirley Muramoto
Koto Studio

4:30 Folktale/ Brenda Aoki

5:00 Taiko/ San Francisco
Taiko Dojo

If you have time, come on by and say hi!

I ought to be able to teleport.

Right On! I’ll be sure to get there early so I can find a good spot to watch! Oh wait…I’m in Japan! Darn it all! Santa Cruz is a bit far for me right now . Ah well… But hey! Break a Bachi guys! (Not really though…Bachis are expensive after all!) but seriously though I hope you guys have a great time doing the Fair this year! Wish I could join you guys! I know it’s gonna Rock! …you guys are part of the award winning team Bachido after all!

True story! I’d rather break a leg than a bachi! (Well… at least as long as that doesn’t happen)

And you know what song we’re gonna end on? :stuck_out_tongue: Oooooh yeah! 50

• times just wasn’t enough!

A Kevin! Check your mail! I wrote you regarding the super important Monsters of Shamisen Kickstarter! The World's First Truly International Shamisen Album! by Kyle Abbott — Kickstarter

Kevin san, while you are at it, check your mail about Albert! Sorry Kyle to come in between.
I also wish I were in California!!!

Dude, playing the festival was rad!

True story, I was there! Hopefully GReimz will be posting some of dem pics soon. (Right Grant???)

Pics or it didn’t happen! Btw Grant, Flickr has 1TB of free space now, doncha know.