Kubo and the Two Strings soundtrack! I`m Freaking Out!

Kyle is in the credits also but I think he was too modest so far to share with the world at large a comment about the background of that???

Yeah! Kyle Abbott , Hibiki ichikawa and Kevin Kmetz all contributed to Kubo ! It’s practically a Bachido film!

:slight_smile:

Excellent.

I love when there are covers with traditional Japanese instruments!

Hi, Kevin. I did not know you’re on that soundtrack! Wow, big congrats and stuff!

Hey Chet! Thank you. Haven’t heard from you in a while. How’ve you been?

Hi Kevin Sensei, it has been a while! This Christmas we went to Universal Studio Hollywood and stumbled across Kubo exhibit. The art and Shamisen model intrigued us, so we bought DVD. Today we watched it at home and I heavily wondered who played Shamisen…and found Kyle Abbott’s article and this, Congratulations !!!
Sorry I didn’t know this any sooner, life’s been busy with work and band, but I just got my Shamisen (from Issaquah, remember?) reskinned (west cost dryness is tough on dog skin) on my business trip to Japan and started playing again.
I can definitely hear you distinctly where the monkey tells the story. I’ll buy the soundtrack tomorrow. I hope the movie will be shown in Japan soon!!

Oh by the way, I thought fingering and Bachi sabaki were spot on in the movie (I always watch this sort of this thing in movies/amines), thanks to Kyle Abbott’s help to the aninators, as he mentioned in his article.

I found the soundtrack on NHK blends

Hisashi san. It’s great to hear from you. It’s been a while. Glad to know you are still doing shamisen.

Yes, sense, I wouldn’t have done this were it not for you. I will keep at it. Thank you and have a wonderful new year. 謹賀新年です⛩

Hi Kevin, my family and I bought the Kubo Blu-ray for Christmas and watched it on Christmas day. It was even more enjoyable to recognize the music being made by you and Hibiki Ichikawa. One of my favorite movies, and the music makes it even better!

I bought a copy of the movie at my local bootleg DVD seller here in Kenya.

Very nice.