lead weighted koma with loose weight

My lead weighted jiuta style koma has started to rattle. On further inspection it seems that one of the weights became a bit loose and starts rattling with each bachi hit. It’s not loose enough that I can remove it safely so I’m wondering if anyone here knows how this problem is fixed usually before I start experimenting.

I’m not sure I really understand the problem since I’m still new to shamisen and have never seen a koma with a lead weight in it. Is it possible to post a picture of it here or on the Facebook page? I bet you could use some epoxy and a small tipped glue syringe to inject it into the problem area.

Josh,

Jiuta style koma have a wide base and are traditionally made from water buffalo horn. To give them some added heft (and impact how the vibration transmits to the skin), lead, silver, or gold weights are fastened to the underside in circular depressions.

Gidayu koma also include these weights.

Jiuta and Gidayu koma images

Depending on the material used in your koma, Alexander, you might need to use a special sort of epoxy… but otherwise, I don’t think that would hurt.