Left Shoulder Stiffness

Hello Bachido Community,
I have been taking shamisen lessons for about 3 weeks now in the Ozashiki style. I have noticed that my left should has started to become stiff and a bit sore since beginning the instrument (I usually practice for an hour or so every day). I was wondering if this is normal at the beginning due to using the arm in a new way and also probably not being relaxed enough since I’m a beginner or if this is likely a major technique issues that needs to be addressed.
Has anyone else had this happen and did it go away over time with more familiarity with the instrument?

Hi! I’ve also had this problem as a new learner and according to my master it’s a matter of your arm positioning during play. Chances are your elbow is flared out too far sideways which causes tendons in your rotator cuff to rub while playing. Keeping the elbow relatively straight down and relaxed will help prevent this, though it’s easier said than done when trying to focus on a bunch of other problems at the same time. Practice makes perfect!