Looking for Biwa Tuning Pegs

Where can I purchase 4 Biwa tuning pegs? Thanks!

If you know someone with woodworking experience, he could manufacture some for you, or if you have the actual instrument at home just take the measurements and I think every luthier would be able to do it.

Otherwise you could ask at “kotosandmore.com” or “redmusicshop.com” but I think the shipping costs would be overall more expensive than the pegs.

Thank you! Cheers!

I shaped my shamisen pegs with this giant home-made “pencil sharpener”, using a hand plane blade clamped next to a block of wood with a reamed “peg hole”.

View post on imgur.com
View post on imgur.com

What are the pegs? Don’t know this in English, sorry

Sakura, if you are referring to my photos, the peg (itomaki) material is Hazelnut (Corylus cornuta), a shrubby tree that is native to the Northwest US.

E E? E?

Sorry but I haven’t possibilities to watch photos. I don’t know what are the pegs… the word pegs… what does it mean?

They’re the things you hold and twist to tune the instrument. I think the term in Italian is bischero.

Bischero is not the right term I guess… it’s like Firenze dialect, meaning bad boys I think… just thinking about Pinocchio… it’s archaic