Looking for Female shamisen maker

Hello
I am an instrument maker(violin maker/restorer) I want to start a project meeting/working with traditional instrument female maker. I am looking for a woman making shamisen, ideally in Japan, I was wondering if anyone here would have contact, suggestions to share for me to look at?
Regards,
Stéphanie

Maybe we could be more helpful if you could help us understand the relevance of having a vagina in relation to traditional instrument making.

I am working on a project about women in craft especially instrument making, that s why I want to find a woman shamisen maker, and the relevent part for my project is that she would be women, if you have any informations thank you!

Catherine Thompson, though she isn’t in Japan

Hello!
I couldn’t help because… ahahah I don’t know if you (Stephanie) know, I don’t make instruments… anyway, I don’t want to trust… I mean, also I would know more about this project, even if don’t have contact/relation with anyone who makes instruments. At the end, are the instruments sold? Will someone play something? Etc?

Thanks a lot Mark and Phil for dropping the name of Catherine Thompson, it will be very interesting to contact her!
Sakura, I am not sure I understand your message, I am not making a marketing/business study but more craft in music related project!

Hi Stephanie!
Catherine here. As Mark says, (Thanks Mark!!) I am not in Japan but rather in a small village in the mountains in the north of Thailand.

I make Kora and shamisen and occasionally other odd and wonderful instruments .

for some other sites that might help let you know what I’m up to. :slight_smile:

Stephanie, what did you not understand?

Thank you Catherine, I have started to read through and I will contact you very soon.

Dear Sakura, “anyway, I don’t want to trust… I mean” I don’t understand what you don’t trust ?
"also I would know more about this project, even if don’t have contact/relation with anyone who makes instruments " Do you mean, even though you don’t have any contact, you want to know about the project or if you had more informations about the project you would say more ?.
Thank You!

PLEASE DON’T CALL ME SAKURA

Even I don’t have any contact, I’d like to know more. Just it

I am sorry for this mystake the way your name is appearing I thought “Sakura” was your first name

Either Sakura, neither Haru. Sakuraharu is a nickname, but I couldn’t put Sakuraharu together, so… Sakura Haru. I’m Ale for all!

My name is Alessandra, so yeah

Anyway is there a site of this project?