Looking for Tab or sheet music of kokaji 小鍛冶 Little Sword Smith

Greetings!
Has anyone seen either book or tab or video instruction of The Little Sword Smith 小鍛冶.
Thank you <3
=(^_^)=

It’s a lovely song. Maybe we should ask Kyle to make a lesson for the schoolhouse? :wink:

I see nagauta sheet music for it on Amazon Japan but the shipping is very expensive. :money_with_wings:

1 Like

I’m not clever enough that I’ve learned enough Japanese to really find online at this point. The shamisen books online via Amazon/Global Rakuten don’t always have the contents of songs.
I ran into a similar wall looking for Midare (Disarray) for Koto. The closest I found was transcribed for a guitar (played with a capo). Although I play guitar, not what I was looking for.

One of those impossible quests that is hard to do without more “where/why/how” to search with what is available online.

I actually found the music and tab for this piece and took about 6 weeks to receive it today! Amazon for USA Kawai JPN Traditional Instruments.

2 Likes

Do you play Kokaji with a tsugaru shamisen or do you have a nagauta shamisen ?
I cannot imagine how It could sound with a tsugaru.

Naguata shamisen, though there are some distinct tonal differences between the two instruments. I think Kyle says you can learn to play shamisen on any shamisen, but definitely no heavy tsugaru on naguata :wink:
(I had success searching for the book because of the IBSN search through Amazon USA.)
Jiuta and minyo are my favorite styles of music, though any shamisen music that sounds good I thoroughly enjoy.