Maybe a new book?

Hey Bachido! Do y’all ever think there will be another book release by @Kyle_Abbott ?

Something akin to Shamisen of Japan, but just a book with some classic songs in it. I think it would be really cool to have some notations for songs I haven’t been able to play yet. Stuff like some common minyo songs and a few known Tsugaru songs that we haven’t seen in the store or in the first book. Maybe even some that are in the store already like Elenor Rigby and Lizard Dance Attack!

I don’t know. Just throwing it out there. I’d be willing to pay another (insert whatever price of the book would be here) to get more music. I use my Shamisen of Japan every time I go busking. Absolutely love the dang thing. I only have two books about the shamisen because they’re so hard to get imported to America. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks, Bachido.
ps Kyle, thanks for being an awesome human being.

~Matsubusa.

4 Likes

Howdy Matsubasa!

That’s a great question! I’ve actually been planning to make a full rewrite of Shamisen of Japan. Updated building process with pictures (and QR codes linked to videos of every step), as well as a full updated playing guide (also with QR codes for videos of every step). I’m also planning on majorly fleshing out the notation section. I probably can’t add copyrighted songs like Elenor Rigby, but definitely Lizard Dance Attack, and lots of minyo! Plus, it’ll be digital, as well as available in both black and white. :slight_smile:

Getting started on it might take a while though, as I’ll need to build new shamisen in order to take pictures/video documentation of the process. With so much demand for ShamiBuddy now, that’s probably gonna fill my project plate for a while. At some point I’ll get into a rhythm where I can begin working on the new book, but it prooobably won’t be finished until 2024, or the year after depending on how life goes. But recently I’ve been feeling the urge to start working on it, so who knows! :slight_smile:

I’m so glad you’ve been using the book so much!! :smiley: Agh, I wanna start working on the new one right now!

In the meantime, have you seen the Oyama ryu books in the Media section? @Sashabg81 has been using them a lot and massively expanding his repertoire!

Thank you for being part of the community, as always!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yessir, as Kyle said, have a peek at the Oyama ryu books on Bachido website. They have a whole bunch and are a fantastic source for music of almost any style.
Good luck my friend!

Sasha

3 Likes