Mike Penny and Lorraine Play "Kokiriko Bushi"

I think Kyle knows, but the rest of you may not know that Kokiriko Bushi is my FAVORITE japanese song! So, Mike Penny and I have been working on that one for a few months now, and we recorded this last night. :slight_smile: I mangled it a little bit (hello! What happened to breath control???), but overall, I’m pleased with what we did.

We decided to do part of it as a round. (Between the sung verses).

Hope you like. :slight_smile:

XOXO Lorraine

Awesome! Nice singing!

Thanks Karl! XOXO

Fantastic!

applause!! Yay Lorraine and Mike!! :smiley: That was so sweet to watch. This is what it’s all about!!

Also Lorraine, it’s great you are able to sing and play at the same time! :slight_smile:

Super sweet! Thanks.

Yeah! That was the best! Really fun to watch and listen to! And Great singing too Lorraine!

Thank you all!

I remember the fist time I ever saw Kyle and Aki play this. It was RIGHT in the beginning when I first started to play, and I thought then what a beautiful song it was and how much I wanted to play it. It’s STILL my favorite song (especially when Kyle and Aki play it)!

And uh, Kyle - Yes! Playing and singing is kind of hard on the shamisen. I don’t know why, since it is easy for me on the guitar …

What helped was that I wrote down tabs for the entire song and then I wrote the syllables over the tabs.

Great playing! I really love that song and I like the way you sing it. Keep it up :slight_smile:

Wow, you have such a powerful voice, I’m jealous! Great playing, well done!

Thank you Nathan and Sayuri! XOXO

Sounds great! I actually learned this tune on the kokyu recently.

That sounds great man, I love it!

Both versions are awesome !

LOVE the kokyu version! When are we all playing it together??
xoxo!