More BABYMETAL Shamisen covers!

Hi Bachido! I’ve just finished learning 2 NEW BABYMETAL songs on Shamisen and am excited to share them here with the Bachido community. For anyone who does not yet know of BABYMETAL, they are kind of a cross between Japanese Girl Idol j-pop and Death Metal music. Yes folks the candy coated cute world of Japanese “Kawaii” culture has finally joined forces with the Heavy Metal world of Demon Growls, Blast Beats, Face melting Guitar solos and Blood stained Mosh Pits! The results are both amusing and surprisingly AWESOME !
Probably the biggest surprise is how natural the songs sound. Instead of coming off as a pretentious novelty act, the beauty and genius of BABYMETAL is that after a while you start to feel convinced that Metal music has, in fact, always been the domain of hyper-energetic pre-adolescent Japanese girls.

Oh… One more thing I seem to have trouble posting video links lately so, once again I’ll just invite you to go straight to my YT channel. My two latest BM covers are “Song of 4” and "Ijime dame, zettai! " please please check em out Bachido!

www.youtube.com/shamikami

Thanks and BACHI ON !!!

I’m always following your channel Kevin! While I do enjoy your work on these covers I think you should make more original stuff. Like Lions Always! I just finished learning it but need to work on it.

Funny that I tell you to not do covers when I’m doing it myself haha. But I’ve got some original stuff coming up too.

This is awesome, BM is awesome too , thank you Kevin for this cover

Kevin,

I forgot to tell you. I asked Marty Friedman if he saw your video. He didn’t but was quite surprised. Funny thing is: his guitar player is actually a member of Baby Metal (Takayoshi Ohmura) and he watched your video and told Marty in front of me that it was amazing (of course I didn’t understand a word, but I trust Marty’s translation). Marty said he would check it out because Shamisen is such a difficult instrument to play. He only used in one of his tracks and used a pick instead of bachi.

Anderson,
Wow! Thanks man!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/08/06/exclusive-first-ever-american-interview-babymetal/

Baby metal is awesome

Kevin, いきものがかり 熱情のスペクトラム 「七つの大罪」Opening theme was really awesome!