My Karakui stuck strong!

Hi guys!

last week i broken my peg from my Sanshin and it
stuck a piece from the peg and i can’t pull it out!
Can you guys give me an instuction or so? please?

redgard Thanh

Hello my friendly friend of Switzerland.

(I just read some Shakespeare) :stuck_out_tongue:

First,is your sanshin oak,rosewood,or ebony( kokutan,kuroki,ryuukyu kokutan) ?

The ebony ones are harder to take the small piece of the ten.

First,get a screwdriver that fits in the hole.

Then get a hammer,and carefully hit it,so the piece can come out.

PS: Push from the smaller side,so it won’t stuck even tighter.

good luck

Here in brazil my teacher sells sanshin accessories.

If you need some,I could contact him or give you my okinawan friend’s website link.

he makes sanshin and sell accessories like that.

KYLE!

Can you get sanshin silk strings for a fair cheap price?

Thanks

I think that what you describe is that the Ito maki tuning peg split and the part that was in the notch is still stuck inside there? Is this correct? Well I think I understand … .?

Anyway it’s happened to me before but strange that it would stick for so long. I don’t know exactly what your situation looks like and maybe it is really stuck in there, but when that happened to me I just knocked it out by gently tapping it with a hammer on the other side until it loosened up. But this was not Sanshin It was futozao. Maybe your situation is different. It’s a different size so maybe yours is stuck worse than that?.. I don’t know?

But I think if it is broken already you probably don’t have to worry about damaging it further. Of course you don’t want to damage the instrument but I think you could just wack the broken part out.

But once again I have to say, I don’t know your situation exactly so don’t want to give any advice that could make it worse! Can you give us more information?

Hey Tranh,

Sorry to hear that :confused:

If the peg is still there, does that mean your string is still strung? If you don’t want to ruin the string you should think about untying it. If you have extra string space you can cut it off with a pair of scissors.

I think the string tension could be why you can’t get it out.

thanks Shinji! and Karl!