My sao is moving?!

Calvin, well done!
In Japan they use for this purpose hot hide (or bone) glue, but it’s very difficult to use. Here is a good video where they use hide glue.

Whoa! Just saw this topic now. How awesome that so many in the Bachido community are here for advice!!

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but assuming the outer surfaces of the joint are completely flush (like it looked before it broke), it should fit back in without any problem. :slight_smile: Good job!

Indeed! This is why I love Bachido so much! We have a great community and it really helps!

wow that looks super clean I hope I didn’t deter you from using enough glue :slight_smile:

Thanks and no worries, you did not deter me at all!

Calvin, well done!
In Japan they use for this purpose hot hide (or bone) glue, but it’s very difficult to use. Here is a good video where they use hide glue.

The Shamisen part3 - YouTube

Thanks! And wow that is an amazing series of videos, I watched them all!

And now… Drumroll

I’m back in business! Yay! The glue seems to be pretty solid and I’ve played a bit without issues!

Thanks a lot everyone! You’re the best! Bachi on!

Great!

I notice a demarkation in the grain on the neck on the side view. Maybe its the type that breaks into sections? My neck came out of the drum part when dismantled. Was it loose at the nether end aswell as at the top? Maybe glueing it was best,why would anyone want to dismantle their shamisen!