New Shamisen Music! Please Please listen and let me know what y'all think!!!

Hey Bachido! I’ve been creating some new Shamisen tunes and would like to invite all you Bachido folks to take a few minutes out to give 'em a listen and let me know what you think!

a bunch are up at
www.youtube.com/shamikami

And there are some different versions of the same tunes up at

www.youtube.com/shamisendemon

Some new original music as well as some improvisations/ Silly Rock covers etc.
Also several improvised variations on traditional tunes such as Ringo Bushi and Yasaburo Bushi. Just scroll through the newest vids if you can spare a minute or two! Thanks!!!

Please enjoy!

Bachi On,
Kevin

I really like Naishyoku… I wish I could find the words to be more descriptive right now, but I REALLY like it!

The spanish fly one is awesome, they are all really good but that one jumps out at me, its got a smoothness to it that’s hard to explain. The only way I can describe it is its similar to how it sounds when someone is really shredding guitar or playing a really smooth walking bass line and it kinda sounds like the neck has no start or end to it, no scales or anything, just a limitless supply of notes, alot of your music is like that to be fair. Also the flow of the yasaburo was clean man, reminds me of chikuzan!

Thanks Guys!

Detroit Rock Cityyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Epic! More rock combos!

Tsugaru Shamisen Modern style, ACDC and the vocals on Into the coven . . . :slight_smile:

Man, so much I missed out on!

Interesting feeling about Kevin’s new haircut. For the past 7 years I’ve known Kevin, I always thought that he should get a haircut (never told him that, of course). However, it seems I finally got used to it because now it looks so strange without that headbanging goodness on top.

Oh, the songs! RUGBY CHAMPION FTW!!! Would like to overlay some mandolin trills on top of that! (Perhaps something to do in your next visit, Kev??)

Welcome Back Kyle.
By the way…You did tell me to get a haircut quite a few times over the years! Haha!

Yeah I’d love to get some mandolin overdubbed someday ! I need to visit Santa Cruz!

Just added a new Shami-medley to www.youtube.com/shamikami and have plans today to cover yet another KPP tune! Stay tuned!

New Kyary Pamyu tune Mottai Night Land Shamisen cover is Now uploaded to www.youtube.com/shamisendemon

Also just uploaded more improvs and stuff up at the shamikami channel. Plus some vintage Live footage of God of Shamisen
www.youtube.com/shamikami

I really enjoyed the “last master” live performance and most of all that hip hop tune would be so worth an extended / full version I think . . . I liked the flow of the playing that came up . . . even though I did not totally like that particular backing track the way it combined with that particular tune . . .

Oooh!!! That will all be awesome to enjoy after the concert. (tonight and tomorrow) Especially the old GoS footage.

I always feel a wee bit of regret about God of Shamisen. When Kevin was living here, I was only interested in traditional minyo, absolutely nothing modern or electrified. Thus, was never quite into GoS at the time. Now I love metal (as well as all sorts of moderny music) and can play shamisen proficiently enough for those styles. But alas, Kevin moved away. The sequence of events is quite ironic. :wink:

Anyhow, so the footage will be a great way to see what I missed out on!

Kyle! Back in Santa Cruz, yes?
I mean YOU are back?

Hey Kevin! Yesh! I got back Santa Cruz yesterday! I heard that you called. Gimme a ring again when you can!

Gonna finally check this musical candy now! Adrian sent it to Adon for shmetal inspiration. :slight_smile:

Whoa nellie!! That was great to watch! You guys were awesome!

I do have to say, next time open that yukata up a bit to get into a power stance! :slight_smile:

Hahaha!! “Always remember to treat each other well, you know what I’m sayin’?” Classic!

Nice picking, Kevin!! With a passionate conclusion as well.

Is it an Kmetz original?

Awesome!

Thanks Guys!