[project] newjuugogen

Hello all,
I’m trying my best to write in English, and I think you can understand it! But, in these days, I’m having continous misunderstandings with Japanese people…
I was very moved listening to 25-string koto performances, because it’s a very unique and charming instrument!
We decided to do another project, called newjuugogen. The word comes from the English “new”, referring to “new wave”, or “new music”, and the remeaning (juugogen) is the nijuugogen (replacing “new” instead of “ni”). This project literally means “new music with 25-stringed koto”, and it will be so!
Also, we will re-arrange anime/J-pop songs (according with the player!)!!!, making them become like “acoustic versions”!m
In this project, we don’t want money, because, despite there are professional players, we’re all friends, and do this mainly because of passion! We don’t play meeting us, but from DAW (digital audio workstations), that are programs made to record the parts, so, then, someone of us will mix them, to create the final result.
It doesn’t matter where you live, because this project, despite it’s not a commercial/paid work, is international-related
My request is related to the name of the project, because “newjuugogen” isn’t really inspiring…
Could you suggest me other suitable names? I haven’t had much ideas…
Thanks all!

Well, I find the name pretty cool actually!

Hi! Did you know? The problem is juugogen, that means 15 strings… The instrument is 25 strings… other suggestions?

Hi! Did you know? The problem is juugogen, that means 15 strings… The instrument is 25 strings… other suggestions?

Nijuugogen? I mean, that’s 25 strings, and sounds pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

If we put “new” instead of “ni”, and leave the remeaning “juugogen”, “juugogen” means 15 strings… and, partially, the name loses its original meaning…
I want to do a fusion with workd (or gamepla), but this is not so cool… for me

Ohhh I see. How about “Kinsen?” The word is written like 琴線, and means “heartstrings,” but the 琴 is the same kanji as koto.

Kinsen?
Hmmm… What does heartstring mean for you? In what concept? Like moving hearts listening to nijuugogen… or somewhat else?

Pretty much moving hearts listening to it, yes. There’s a saying in Japan that means “folk songs are the heart’s hometown” meaning that hearing a folk song can make the listener feel like they’re at home, and I think that conveys the feeling I was going for with the word Kinsen. Also, the kanji 琴線 is kind of a visual pun by using 琴 like I said earlier.

The name is fantasting for the meaning! We will not do folk songs (maybe not at the original form of folk songs), and yes, the decision to have 25-stringed koto is mainly because most 25-string arrangements moved my heart
Anyway, I’m blind and I don’t know in what this visual pun consist
The spelling “kinsen” is not very suitable for my ears… maybe somewhat sweeter
soundly talking…

I apologize for English…

No apologies! Thanks for the feedback. If I think of anything else, I’ll let you know.

Kokorogen?

What do you think about it?

Or… I don’t know, something unique, nothing obvious

Sounds cool!

Hmmm… yes, pretty, but it’s not very very cool for me… it’s similar to a 25-stringed koto unit called kokorohana…
Any other suggestions?

In these days, I’ll contact some 25-string koto performers

Hey!!!
I decided to call the project kokorogen!

Congrats :slight_smile:

Does someone knows a 25-string koto unit called kokohana?