Right Hand Pinky Callous Normal?

I’m noticing a slight callous forming at the base of my pinky on my right hand where I’m applying pressure to hold the bachi. Is this normal or am I holding the bachi wrong?

I’m also on heart and blood meds so my blood can tend to clog in funky ways.

Edit: ignore me, I must’ve misinterpreted what I’ve heard about bachi callouses! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hard for me to judge. I’ve got weight-lifting callouses that readily obscure anything as small as a bachi might inflict.

Why not show us a picture of your typical grip?

Hard for me to judge. I’ve got weight-lifting callouses that readily obscure anything as small as a bachi might inflict.

I rock climb, and also play taiko, so it’s also hard to notice anything from the bachi. I was getting a weird blister on the inside crease of my thumb from using the wrong kind of yubikake though.

You’ll definitely get a callous there. Depending on your technique, it will be on the inside near the base or at the second knuckle. For me there’s always been a nice bump there after there first couple years.

Yup. It’s totally normal.

Thank you guys for all the responses. Yes, Grant! At the base on the inside part exactly right!

I’ll try to take better pics - it’s hard getting the angle of the callous with a camera in one hand lol. I really want to take this pic though cos I think this is too much callous - I’m thinking a combo of poor technique and my blood thinner meds.