Ringo Bushi a la Turk

Ok, this is not an original composition (duh) and I’m not even playing shamisen in the clip. But you all know the song so maybe you’ll dig it. It’s me playing Ringo Bushi on Turkish baglama (pronounce something like "BAW-la-ma). Anyway, I think it sounds sick-twisted on some Minyo.

Me gusta :slight_smile:

I think it sounds really great, and it’s pretty close to the shamisen sound and feeling as well.

Thanks, Karl. I’m glad you like it. The very first time I heard Ringo Bushi I thought it kinda had western Asian elements in it–you know, India/middle-east–so it seemed a natural fit.

Hey Chet, Nice twist on a classic :slight_smile:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it! That is Bad ass Chet west!!! I was totally getting into it. Especially loved the little sharp 9 and flat 6 (notes) you threw in at the end which obviously gave it that middle eastern flare! You are great on that thing!
Damn if only I lived closer to you I would insist we do some kind of collaboration!

maybe someday eh?

That would totally rock! I would love to have access to a better shamisen player than me.

Wow, the instrument is just so fitting for the song!.. or the song is just so fitting for the instrument! :stuck_out_tongue: Either way, very easy on the ears. :slight_smile: Good stuff.

Hey Chet it’s JJ 5-18-15 give me a call.

This is great.

What instrument is this?
Wow! I was quite dreaming!!!

Chet, that was awesome!

It’s a turkish baglama.

It was very awesome! I could not think it was a Japanese minyo! It gave me a middle-eastern flavor, but not because ringo bushi was made with a baglama, but because the arrangement was fantastic! It’s like doing Bach’s minuet with a shamisen!

Hey gang! Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. Didn’t know this vid had gotten more comments. Thanks for all the praise!

Wow, cooooooool !! :smiley:

Yeah!