Can anyone give me the romaji of the songs on this CD?
I can read:
‘Nihon no minyo’
11. Yamagata daikoku mai
13. Akita Ondo
15. Tsugara aiya Bushi (?)
What does the rest say?
I have number of CD of Japan folk music (minyo) that I have listened to for years. (This is one of many).
Once I know the title of the the songs I will be able to track down the score or ‘how to play’ video.
Hi Jacqueline,
Good to see you on the forum again!
There are a few semi-obscure ones in this collection that I had to look up, but here is the list:
- Kamogawa yanza bushi (Chiba)
- Miyagi no bon uta (Miyagi)
- Kompira fune fune (Kagawa)
- Kushimoto bushi (Wakayama)
- Kuwana no tonosama (Mie)
- Benibana tsumi uta (Yamagata)
- Tanto bushi (Akita)
- Kusatsu yuu momi uta (Gumma)
- Mogamigawa funa uta (Yamagata)
- Sanjukkoku funa uta [usually “Yodogawa sanjukkokubune funa uta”] (Osaka)
- Yamagata Daikoku mai (Yamagata)
- Sasayama bushi [usually “Dekansho bushi”] (Hyogo)
- Akita ondo (Akita)
- Izumo ondo (Shimane)
- Tsugaru aiya bushi (Aomori)
- Souma nagareyama (Fukushima)
- Aizu genjo bushi (Fukushima)
- Kiso bushi (Nagano)
Thanks for the translation!