Sangen for Sale

Still have a beginner’s Shamisen for sale.

I purchased this Nagauta Chuzao from Takashi Koto of the Boston Koto Academy. This is an excellent example of a practice-quality shamisen. The sao is made of Rosewood. The dou was replaced just before I purchased it (dog skin).

This is NOT a cheap Chinese knock-off as you see so often on eBay NOR one that has a ripped dou and sells for about $300 when everyone knows it will cost you $400-$500 to replace the skin. Not much of a bargain if you buy one of those.

The sangen will come with two bachis (one is a Min’yo), a plastic Jiuta koma (bridge), doukake, yubikake, neo, pre-owned dou fukoro (half bag), and bachi case.

The price is $500 plus shipping. Sorry, but the quality of this instrument and the included accessories is such that I can’t negotiate on the price. Compared to the junk that you see out there, this is a bargain.

Shipping weight should be between 10-15 lbs depending upon how much packing material for protection. Of course, if you are in the Southern California area, you can save shipping and pick it up locally.

Contact me directly if you have any questions.

Hi Gary. Sorry to be off topic and to disappoint you about the sale, but can you tell me what you call a “min’yo bachi” ? Thanks and good luck.

Different sizes.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks !